Eric Loves Rey

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

As a reminder

On 1/19/2017 at 9:31 AM, Tele Dondarrion said:

New 2017 Spoiler Policy

First, a slight adjustment for a movie’s main thread: no untagged spoilers within four (4) weeks of its North American release. After that point, spoiler discussion is allowed. For other threads (in other words, in all threads except the movie's main thread), no untagged spoilers until the movie is released on home video in North America. "Released on home video" means Digital HD or Bluray/disc, whatever comes first.

In a specific movie’s thread, you don’t need to specify what topic you’re spoiling. In general threads, tagged spoilers are fine, as long as you indicate what movie it's for. For example:

(INDEPENDENCE DAY: RESURGENCE spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

Note: When a big blockbuster has a special Spoiler thread and another Spoiler-Free thread, spoilers are not allowed in the Spoiler-Free thread at all. The threads will be merged after the 4-week window and at that point it can be treated like a normal thread. This is the same policy we have right now, so people should be familiar with it.

Some movies do not have a theatrical release and go straight to VOD, or were produced specifically for streaming services (Netflix, Amazon). For those projects, we will assume a reasonable 2-month "theatrical" window where spoilers will apply. For example, if Netflix releases a movie on Jan. 20, spoilers would need to be tagged until March 20.

We encourage people to use the Review That Movie forum if they want to immediately jump into heavy spoiler discussions. And, of course, certain blockbusters have their own special Spoiler thread as well.

Suspensions/warnings/bans

Punishments will be up to the discretion of the staff, given the severity of what was spoiled and our interpretation of the intent. Someone who maliciously posts huge un-tagged spoilers for a highly anticipated movie — especially in an un-related thread —risks a long suspension or even a permaban. On the other hand, an excited conversation about a movie where someone accidentally slips too much detail into an answer may only get a PM, points, or a 24-hour suspension.

We think these new rules will help everyone, especially when it comes to platform releases around Oscar season and movies that have long international rollouts. That being said, we’re open to feedback and suggestions if someone has an idea they feel would help.

• Like 4

SPIDER-MAN FAR FROM HOME

The movie was okay, but not much more than that. I was pretty bored the first hour of the movie with all the teen romance/ high school hijinks. MJ was okay. the rest of Peter's classmates and his teachers were more annoying than funny. I wish a drone strike would take out Flash Thompson and Ned. They're both worthless. The last 30-40 minutes had some very good moments, with some top notch action. 

Samuel Jackson and Jake Gyllenhaal were excellent. Tom Holland wasn't as good to me this time. Spidey should wisecrack more and be a little less whiny in my opinion.  

Overall, I give this movie a C, maybe a C+ if I'm being generous. 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 2

28 minutes ago, justvision said:
  1. Strange. Dr Strange. Mr Dr. Surely not the most likable character, but who am I to judge. At least he is not boring or bland.

That back-and-forth was one of my favorite series of lines in the entire MCU.

12 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:    

To be clear, I do understand the letter of the rules, and I guess they have to be followed without exception. But the spoiler policiy around here for certain movies is really archaic and hilarious.

Here's how I look at the spoiler policy.  Yes, it's probably 'archaic and hilarious' for some movies.

If you could come up with a system that actually makes sense and isn't arbitrary as all hell for which movies it should apply to and which it shouldn't after a length of time, I'd be willing to hear it.  Just "Biggest movie of all time" doesn't even cut it coz then we start going down the path of "Well this is NEARLY as big" and "'everyone' on the board has seen it or doesn't care" arguments (which is the real argument against it applying to EG).

And that just leads to chaos and flames and everything else.

For me, the spoiler policy in regards to EG isn't for EG itself: It's for all the other movies and saying "Look the Staff aren't playing favorites here; even EG had the spoiler policy rigorously applied."

tl;dr:  It's not so much for EG as to shut folks up about other non-EG movies out there and that everyone is being treated fairly.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Here's how I look at the spoiler policy.  Yes, it's probably 'archaic and hilarious' for some movies.

If you could come up with a system that actually makes sense and isn't arbitrary as all hell for which movies it should apply to and which it shouldn't after a length of time, I'd be willing to hear it.  Just "Biggest movie of all time" doesn't even cut it coz then we start going down the path of "Well this is NEARLY as big" and "'everyone' on the board has seen it or doesn't care" arguments (which is the real argument against it applying to EG).

And that just leads to chaos and flames and everything else.

For me, the spoiler policy in regards to EG isn't for EG itself: It's for all the other movies and saying "Look the Staff aren't playing favorites here; even EG had the spoiler policy rigorously applied."

tl;dr:  It's not so much for EG as to shut folks up about other non-EG movies out there and that everyone is being treated fairly.

Yeah, having  global policy to stick to rather than ad hoccing exceptions is important. I would suggest a minor tweak where instead of untagged spoilers being allowed upon home video release they’re allowed upon HV release *or* the theatrical release of a narratively connected movie of the same franchise. 

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

As a reminder

First, a slight adjustment for a movie’s main thread: no untagged spoilers within four (4) weeks of its North American release. After that point, spoiler discussion is allowed

Note: When a big blockbuster has a special Spoiler thread and another Spoiler-Free thread, spoilers are not allowed in the Spoiler-Free thread at all. The threads will be merged after the 4-week window and at that point it can be treated like a normal thread. This is the same policy we have right now, so people should be familiar with it.

I was told when asking about merging the Endgame thread that no merging was allowed until it was released on home video.  Into the 3rd month of release and no spoilers are allowed in the AEG thread at all - though allowed in CM, Spider-Man, BW and I think GOTG3 threads.  It's a bit confusing.  I've seen spoilers for AEG  pop up in multiple non MCU threads - though not in the main AEG thread... :blink:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Can someone refresh me on spoiler policy as it pertains to what is and is not considered a spoiler? Like, I’m pretty sure that I’m safe talking about The Rock playing Danny DeVito in Juman3, because it’s part of the official marketing for that movie?

9 minutes ago, Bagatelle31 said:

If Charlie is threadbanned what's the point of this thread, Rthanos won't show up before the weekend, not even sure he will!

@RtheEnd is viewing the thread now. Might not post anything, but he’s online. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

@RtheEnd is viewing the thread now. Might not post anything, but he’s online. 

If I was in his shows I’d be so tempted to post an Endgame spoiler. But then I wouldn’t, cause I’m very meek.

Edited by Thanos Legion

6 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Can someone refresh me on spoiler policy as it pertains to what is and is not considered a spoiler? Like, I’m pretty sure that I’m safe talking about The Rock playing Danny DeVito in Juman3, because it’s part of the official marketing for that movie?

As far as I know, anything officially released by the studio or talked about by folks involved in interviews and the like is fair game. Same goes for tie-in marketing and the like.

• Like 1

Just now, Porthos said:

As far as I know, anything officially released by the studio or talked about by folks involved in interviews and the like is fair game. Same goes for tie-in marketing and the like.

I didn’t even see what any of the 5 recent bans have said, but I’m pretty confident it shouldn’t be considered a spoiler under that policy. Basically every important part of the movie has been revealed in official Disney released marketing materials for Endgame by now. 

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I didn’t even see what any of the 5 recent bans have said, but I’m pretty confident it shouldn’t be considered a spoiler under that policy. Basically every important part of the movie has been revealed in official Disney released marketing materials for Endgame by now. 

You were talking about how it applied to not-yet released movies.

If we go down this road, then the spoiler period might only last three or four days, given how much cast members talk about things once the OW has past.

That would make the current spoiler policy pretty much null and void.  Which I'm sure would please some folks, but I don't think many others would like it.

• Like 1