Eric Loves Rey

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

You were talking about how it applied to not-yet released movies.

If we go down this road, then the spoiler period might only last three or four days, given how much cast members talk about things once the OW has past.

That would make the current spoiler policy pretty much null and void.  Which I'm sure would please some folks, but I don't think many others would like it.

An, good point. I missed the revealed by cast part and was just thinking about how revealing the TV spots had gotten.    

So I guess when determining whether something revealed by cast/TV ad is a spoiler or not, it’s quite important whenter it came out before the movie (not a spoiler) or after (might still be a spoiler).

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

Maybe just don’t post movie spoilers in the weekend thread?

17 minutes ago, Bagatelle31 said:

He's an idiot, people that are here obviously saw the movie a bunch of times and it's out for more than 2 months now! They are not spoiling anybody.

Wow, I’m so upset with the mod’s decision I’m going to call him an idiot, that’ll convince him to reverse a decision I didn’t like!

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

It’s just very easy to do accidentally for movies that don’t feel like they’re still in a spoiler period. People go around casually “spoiling” Homecoming, IW, Empire Strikes Back, Deathly Hallows part 2, Spiderverse, whatever, without giving it so much as a second thought, because they don’t feel like spoilers anymore.    

Endgame “spoilers” don’t feel like spoilers anymore either, but they technically are considered such in this particular corner of the internet, so people get accidentally sniped.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

It’s just very easy to do accidentally for movies that don’t feel like they’re still in a spoiler period. People go around casually “spoiling” Homecoming, IW, Empire Strikes Back, Deathly Hallows part 2, Spiderverse, whatever, without giving it so much as a second thought, because they don’t feel like spoilers anymore.    

Endgame “spoilers” don’t feel like spoilers anymore either, but they technically are considered such in this particular corner of the internet, so people get accidentally sniped.

An easy enough rule of thumb is if it isn’t available on Home Video, it’s still considered a spoiler

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Nothing nice about 90 degree weather :rock:

That's because you live in an area that gets humidity along with it. ;)

Here in Sacto 90 degree weather is considered a pleasant comfortable summer day.

(yes yes, nothing like folks down in Arizona or New Mexico get it - point taken in advance)

7 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

4 minutes ago, The Panda said:

An easy enough rule of thumb is if it isn’t available on Home Video, it’s still considered a spoiler

Sure am looking forward to all the debates over the threadbans due to The Lion King when people come barging in explicitly talking about what's different in this version of the film over the prior one. 👍

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Sure am looking forward to all the debates over the threadbans due to The Lion King when people come barging in explicitly talking about what's different in this version of the film over the prior one. 👍

Hypothetically:

"It's a 15 year old movie!"

"This one isn't!"

"The plot's the same"
"This part isn't!"

"THAT'S THE SPOILER!"

"WHAT YOU EXPECTED IT TO BE EXACTLY THE SAME!!!"

"I WOULDN'T KNOW UNLESS YOU TOLD ME"

"ARGLE!!!!"

"OH YEAH!!! BARGLE!!!!"

etc.

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

That's because you live in an area that gets humidity along with it. ;)

Here in Sacto 90 degree weather is considered a pleasant comfortable summer day.

(yes yes, nothing like folks down in Arizona or New Mexico get it - point taken in advance)

Nah, heat even without humidity means = sun burn, sun rash and nausea for me.   Mid 70s is nice, anything over 80 you can keep.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Pssssshnh. Enjoying weather? Outside? On the 4th of July!?    

https://www.xkcd.com/386/

That is my favorite web comic period. 

47 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Can’t compute. This is way too logical. 

40 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Nothing nice about 90 degree weather :rock:

Good point. Good point. 

36 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

It’s raining 

Raining can be nice. Gives the day a mood. 

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

One of many reasons I do not live in Oklahoma.

Great musical though.

This is why your basically my fave. 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Lol at y’all complaining about 90F weather. You wouldn’t last a day in Oklahoma heat.

I lived in Texas. No more 110F days fug that. I much prefer very hot days at 80 :D

• Like 1

so spoilers are here and in the actual Spiderman thread, guess people aren't safe anywhere.  I think the person went back and edited the post, but people already saw it by then.  Not sure why anyone would ever want to post spoilers, but I guess they like ruining things for people