TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

26 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Oof, Taika getting cancelled right now. Is this movie dead?

No, Disney will only fire directors if they piss-off certain alt-right bloggers.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Oof, Taika getting cancelled right now. Is this movie dead?

Looooooool, when I read this I thought he might have done something actually bad.    

Instead it’s a failure to properly dereference a pronoun on the part of some stupid activists. He’s 100% uncancelled, nothing more will come of this than him correcting the misreading when he wakes up.

• Like 1

Moderation

Only talk about Taika and his tweets and how it relates to Love & Thunder and its box office. Talking about Taika and his tweet through the context of the current protests going on in the United States is not okay. Please go to the politics thread if you want to discuss things in that way.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Looooooool, when I read this I thought he might have done something actually bad.    

Instead it’s a failure to properly dereference a pronoun on the part of some stupid activists. He’s 100% uncancelled, nothing more will come of this than him correcting the misreading when he wakes up.

To follow up, for those reading this thread who are out of the loop:  

Taika tweeted this

What morons who are trigger happy to get offended are trying to make out that he meant — “The police seem to be enjoying this. [Black people] are inciting the chaos, dudes! #BLM”

What he actually meant — “The police seem to be enjoying this. [The police] are inciting the chaos, dudes! #BLM”   

This is easily cleared up, but even if it wasn’t it wouldn’t affect the directorial choice, production schedule, or BO performance of L&T.

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Like 3

Just now, Arendelle Legion said:

To follow up, for those reading this thread who are out of the loop:  

Taika tweeted this

What morons who are trigger happy to get offended are trying to make out that he meant — “The police seem to be enjoying this. [Black people] are inciting the chaos, dudes! #BLM”

What he actually meant — “The police seem to be enjoying this. [The police] are inciting the chaos, dudes! #BLM”

This wasn't the tweet. The tweets he's getting cancelled for is the one where he tells protestors how to direct their anger and the joke about looting Urbana Outfitters. 

Either way, I was just joking. Waititi 100% not getting cancelled for this. The internet will probably forget in a week.

• Like 1

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

This wasn't the tweet. The tweets he's getting cancelled for is the one where he tells protestors how to direct their anger and the joke about looting Urbana Outfitters. 

Wow, forreal? That’s even dumber :rofl:  

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Either way, I was just joking. Waititi 100% not getting cancelled for this. The internet will probably forget in a week.

Ah, cool. It can be hard to tell online. Completely agree.

• Like 1

Why does anyone who’s moderately famous even bother with social media? People on hellholes like Twitter will always look for an excuse to “cancel” them no matter what. It wasn’t too long ago when people tried to “cancel” RDJ over a satirical role he played in Tropic Thunder, even though that had been common knowledge for over a decade. 

Edited by WittyUsername

42 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I don't think the general audience  really care about Twitter's cancellation  of the day. Taika and the movie should be fine. 

lol correct 100%

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It's using the same tech as Mandalorian. Very useful in covid era, and Disney basically has exclusivity to it since Lucasfilm developed it.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/behind-screen/industrial-light-magic-expands-virtual-production-services-supports-thor-4?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

You do realise ILM does VFX and uses their tech for movies made by other studios right? The article also mentions that the tech is being used for a Netflix film.

Edited by lorddemaxus

21 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

If this becomes more common I wonder if the other Mandalorian directors will start getting more gigs, since they're the ones most experienced with the tech.

Bryce Dallas Howard directing SQUIRREL-GIRL, coming 2024!