TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

6 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I agree with the sentiment that the MCU has gotten way too busy these days. Four movies a year already seemed a bit daunting, but now they also have to juggle multiple Disney+ shows per year? The MCU used to be fairly simple to keep up with, but now it seems like a homework assignment. 

Gee, which means it's just like the actual Marvel Comics.......which is why I stopped reading the flimsies a long time ago, and only buy the ocaasional trade paper if the plot seems interesting enough. 

Though , to be honest of all the movies since Phase 4 began DS2 is the only one I would say  where not seeing one of the TV sereis..in this case "Wanda VIsion" would make you miss a lot.

I do think 4 films a year might be one too many, though.

But still, this MCU is washed up is crap. If Thor 4 gets good reviews and good wom, it will do very well indeed.

As for the criticism of Iger for starting Disney +....that was inevirable. No way was Disney going to let a middleman walk away with the big streaming profits when they could sell directly to the customers.

Edited by dudalb

2 hours ago, Juan Caballo said:

I have a question. 

Why is Thor releasing in 4300 locations only? 

DS2 released in 4400 and TGM in 4700.

Theater count is irrelevant. I think TGM released in lots of indie theaters probably in markets where there are military folks. That is why its theater count is so high. What matters is show count and DS2 was way bigger than TGM and thor will be bigger than TGM as well. But DS2 would be hard to match as @Deep Wang mentioned market is lot busier than in early May. Still its BO would not be limited by screens. Unless you are a Endgame level event, not all shows come close to sellouts. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Legion and Thunder said:

Some really wild numerical reactions in here to very positive reception 😂

😉

mean girls fighting GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love that some of you acting that a sequel to a low 90% rt cbm likely falling to the 80s% is a grand indicator of everything from "blockbuster and cbm to marvel fstigue".

Even though it happens to like 90% of cbm sequels. Movies like Civil War or Spiderman 2 increasing or staying in the 90s like their predecessors are the EXTREME EXCEPTION.

Even Dark Knight Rises fell and we know how much of a pass critics give to Nolan.

55 minutes ago, Jeight said:

I love that some of you acting that a sequel to a low 90% rt cbm likely falling to the 80s% is a grand indicator of everything from "blockbuster and cbm to marvel fstigue".

Even though it happens to like 90% of cbm sequels. Movies like Civil War or Spiderman 2 increasing or staying in the 90s like their predecessors are the EXTREME EXCEPTION.

Even Dark Knight Rises fell and we know how much of a pass critics give to Nolan.

A Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 reception the worst case scenario.

Marvel Studios will be fine.

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

A Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 reception the worst case scenario.

Marvel Studios will be fine.

Yes but it seems some people are hellbent on having their bias confirmed and that the MCU will implode after Endgame. Anyway the movie looks to be good and that's what would be the main objective but nuance has died in the age of social media a longggggggg time ago.

16 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

I guess my question is - is there gonna be like, more Avengers movies? Because even though I don't love what the MCU has done to movies, the "few films in a phase leading to big team up" was quite the business strategy! They should get back to doing that if they want to recapture the glory days. Now it just seems like random cameos in solo movies with no Avengers anymore. 

Evans and RDJ will come back at some point. It'll be an obscene payday.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jeight said:

Yes but it seems some people are hellbent on having their bias confirmed and that the MCU will implode after Endgame. Anyway the movie looks to be good and that's what would be the main objective but nuance has died in the age of social media a longggggggg time ago.

Don't complain about a lack of nuance straight after claiming people are saying the MCU is imploding. They aren't, and it isn't. But a relative lull after the biggest event movie ever combined with Disney+ saturation was inevitable and it's ok to acknowledge that.

Edited by Hatebox

11 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

This thing just got kicked to the 21st in Malaysia.

Not sure why. Some say it's because of Disney being wary of a big local film stealing its thunder. I'm personally leaning towards the Malaysian government asking for cuts again.

Disney they themselves decide to POSTPONE the movie because nobody including Disney expect a local movie called “Mat kilau” will become such a mega hit that could even challenge NwH and IW, without the help from any premium screen.

if Disney insist to have release date next week, Thor 4 will have the lowest show count ever in MCU history, in Malaysia. Postponing it is the best decision since the 2nd half of the July is very empty. 

2 hours ago, Jeight said:

Interstellar didn’t exactly get a pass. Tenet took a hit I’m certain because of Nolan’s public tantrum at the time. 

Some of those new clips look like "Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman are returning 15 years  after as Thor and Jane in an high budget Super Bowl AD and they are about to telling you to buy an Audi Car". The setting is really that 😐

51 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Don't complain about a lack of nuance straight after claiming people are saying the MCU is imploding. They aren't, and it isn't. But a relative lull after the biggest event movie ever combined with Disney+ saturation was inevitable and it's ok to acknowledge that.

What evidence is there that there is a lull really? What was the biggest movie in the pandemic era, i wonder?