Eric Duncan

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

Yea it won't be hard for TLK to stay number one next weekend.

TBF I don't think even Sony are expecting OUATIH to hit number 1 next week, it could do $40m and have strong legs.

Edited by Jonwo

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood likely would've been number one had it stayed on its original August 9 release date. Although they correctly blinked from that date once they realized it was gonna be deemed too exploitative.

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

The 6-day will be over though 😛 

😂😂😂😂

Only cause Knives Out is gonna suck 100M out of the market place that week 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

If HC > FFH is in the range of a 25% WW jump that's about what I expect for Strange 2. It would need an OS overperformance to secure the billion. 

I think HC and DS are different in this case.

HC already did really big numbers because it’s a well known character comeback and it have RDJ in it, so even with FFH doing way better, there’s less room to jump.

DS otherwise is the first movie of a character that nobody knows that much back in time, so there’s more room to breakout, especially with May slot and him and Thor being fan favorites on IW / EG. 

• Like 2

Since we’re talking MCU future grosses, here’s what I think:

Black Widow: $90M/$255M/$720M

Eternals: $125M/$375M/$925M

Shang Chi: $100M/$130M/$300M/$975M (China helps)

DSitMoM: $145M/$390M/$1B

Thor4: $160M/$415M/$1.05B

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I think HC and DS are different in this case.

HC already did really big numbers because it’s a well known character comeback and it have RDJ in it, so even with FFH doing way better, there’s less room to jump.

DS otherwise is the first movie of a character that nobody knows that much back in time, so there’s more room to breakout, especially with May slot and him and Thor being fan favorites on IW / EG. 

Not to mention having Scarlet Witch may help as an incentive.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood likely would've been number one had it stayed on its original August 9 release date. Although they correctly blinked from that date once they realized it was gonna be deemed too exploitative.

I'm surprised they didn't move to August 16th or August 23rd. 

27 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

TBF I don't think even Sony are expecting OUATIH to hit number 1 next week, it could do $40m and have strong legs.

Lion King would need to have a  horrendous drop for Once to open at #1. 

I still think it'll open well though. Should/could be Tarantino’s biggest opening ever. 

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Lion King would need to have a  horrendous drop for Once to open at #1. 

I still think it'll open well though. Should/could be Tarantino’s biggest opening ever. 

Three Day OW it might be able to do it but the biggest opening of his is Django Unchained which did $63m for its opening.