sfran43

Weekend Thread: Top 5 Actuals- The Lion King $76.62M | OUATIH $41.08M | SM: FFH $12.45M | TS3 $10.45M | CRAWL $4.06M

5 minutes ago, Alli said:

OUATIH doesn't open here until next two weeks, but i gotta admit i watched it on the net. the curiosity got the best of me. It was freakin awful. just scenes thrown together, leo's scenes were cringe. so bad.  and that finale....trash...so childish. i can't imagine how people like it.

Image result for i'm trash gif forky

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TMP said:

"the fanboys will see the movie and they will love it, dammit!" sounded like you weren't happy with that happening

if it's as bad as OUATIH which is getting raves despite being awful, i will not be happy. But Nolan i think will deliver some goods

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Good lord you need to get laid. Ain't no way a woman who has felt the touch of a man (or a lady, I ain't gon' discriminate) would throw this big a hissy fit over people liking a Tarantoenail movie.

After this past weekend, Armie Hammer for the lead in the next Tarantino movie!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Alli said:

OUATIH doesn't open here until next two weeks, but i gotta admit i watched it on the net. the curiosity got the best of me. It was freakin awful. just scenes thrown together, leo's scenes were cringe. so bad.  and that finale....trash...so childish. i can't imagine how people like it.

Urgh. 

Slightly hypocritical posting on a box office forum but at the same time taking part in one of the businesses biggest threats. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Alli said:

OUATIH had a 17% Sunday drop. Better than Basterds. good Legs incoming? 🤮

Sony obviously fudging OUaTiH from FFH.  Shame, Sony.  Shame I say!!! :angry:

Spoiler

That IS how this works, right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Minnale101 said:

Guy openly admits to pirating a movie with shit quality 

calls it trash and wants movies to flop horrible 

sheesh 

Absolute joke. 

No offence but I’ve got no time for people on our box office forum pirating movies that have just come out. At the very least don’t admit it - Christ. 

Edited by wildphantom
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Alli said:

Its not everyday that i stumble upon something that perfectly describes the word "pathetic".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, RamblinRed said:

I apologize if this has already been posted, but I didn't see it until this morning. I knew OUaTiH was an expensive movie but if these numbers to break even are accurate I just can't see it being profitable for Sony. If it has the same breakdown as Django it is probably looking at roughly a 320M WW gross. (I'm assuming about a 110M DOM). it has an audience score that still hasn't stabilized - now down to 72% verified and 71% all and has a definite recommend of only 58% and a highly male skewing audience. That all screams frontloading is likely. 

https://deadline.com/2019/07/once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-quentin-tarantino-box-office-lion-king-weekend-1202654606/

Just like Tarantino’s Hollywood is a throwback pic, so is its financial structure, we hear from sources, with 30% of the first dollar gross going to the filmmaker, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Brad Pitt in a first dollar pool. We hear that first dollar gross is typical on a Tarantino pic, and that between Inglourious Basterdsand The Hateful Eight, he made around $75M between fees and profits. Typically, on a big star-driven tentpole like a Dwayne Johnson movie, profit is dispensed at a percent of cash break-even. We understand that in order for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood to break-even, it has to make just north of $400M at the worldwide B.O., just under the $425.3M that Django Unchained grossed (38% of that came from U.S./Canada, where the feature made $162.8M, still his highest- grossing movie).

Reporting about this have been a bit all over the place, that show how much the rumors of 25% first dollar going to Quentin were quite something (30% would be a big amount of point, so 25% going to a single entity for that kind of assemble movie would have been quite the madness)

A 30% pool for everybody do make much more sense (a bit like a Transformer movie back in the day), but Rothman in a interview said there was no first dollar point on this and that would be a strange lie to make.

That break-even figure sound absolutely ridiculous to , Django Unchained had a very similar cost structure and $100 million of profits was made from it despite around 30% going in bonus.

If you need over $400M to break even, when do you get an interesting return (considering how much of the profit is shared) at $530-550M.... if not 600-700M ? For a movie like that !?

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Urgh. 

Slightly hypocritical posting on a box office forum but at the same time taking part in one of the businesses biggest threats. 

Yeah we had some giraffe guy who would so insolently defend his thieving ways. He doesn't post anymore.

Edited by cannastop

1 minute ago, sfran43 said:

Disney underestimated a Sunday drop for one of their movies AGAIN.

Who could have possibly foreseen THIS development? 

*cough* :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:  *cough*

• Like 1