grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

Wachowski ideas are always divisive so i expect the same reception for Ressurections since the beginning.

Still i hope it's divisive like Cloud Atlas which still manage to be more inclined to positive and stays fresh at RT.

If it's rotten i think lots of people will throw this under the bus before even watch it because many people believes RT is a undeniable truth.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Wachowski ideas are always divisive so i expect the same reception for Ressurections since the beginning.

Still i hope it's divisive like Cloud Atlas which still manage to be more inclined to positive and stays fresh at RT.

If it's rotten i think lots of people will throw this under the bus before even watch it because many people believes RT is a undeniable truth.

I think critics now are more likely to warm up to its ambitions than in the past, I expect it to be a bit higher than Reloaded's RT score, mid to high 70s at least.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to this, but glad I get to watch it on HBO. The sequels were such let downs.  I may love this one, but I'd rather not spend actual money on it, so if it were not available on HBO, I'd probably skip it.  I know that's not a popular take around here, but those "maybe it won't suck" movies are nice to have at home instead of $50 on tickets and snacks.

6 hours ago, Menor said:

Just 49k likes in 3.5 hours. The first trailer was like 250k+ likes by this point. Of course a drop is always expected but that's steep. 

Yeah. They fucked up the marketing, royally. Doesn't help that NWH has sucked all the hype and buzz away from all the movies releasing in December.

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Menor said:

Just 49k likes in 3.5 hours. The first trailer was like 250k+ likes by this point. Of course a drop is always expected but that's steep. 

This trailer arrived so late and without fanfare, a sign that WB has kind of dropped the ball. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

It was a conflict with a stage show but then it got resolved but Lana changed her mind. It's confusing. I'm bummed he isn't returning, he's the best character and the new guy doesn't do the best impression. Imagine the shock at the end of trailer 1 if it was Smith talking to Neo in that office.

Hugo Weaving was great. But I enjoy new actors and characters instead of constantly using the familiar ones. 

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

This trailer arrived so late and without fanfare, a sign that WB has kind of dropped the ball. 

What could they seriously do though? The first trailer probably performs similar to this if it came after all this NWH hysteria 

Edited by DlAMONDZ

Tickets finally dropped in Canada, Spidey taking all the good IMAX times or just all screens in general. Sucks because most of my friends can't catch a 12pm or 10:30pm showing on a Wednesday :( may have to go regular for my first showing. The Dolby showings are all going to Spidey too except one theatre thats an hour drive away.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

What could they seriously do though? The first trailer probably performs similar to this if it came after all this NWH hysteria 

I dunno, but disappearing for over 2 months doesn't feel like the right move at this point. Either put the trailer before NWH or find a place to get it on more eyeballs if you had intentions to release a 2nd trailer. I was surprised they didn't get one out by Thanksgiving. The first trailer had considerable build up leading up to it too with that little website, whereas here was a stealth tweet promoting a new trailer the night before and that was it.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I'm surprised how much that trailer (seemingly) gave away about the plot, almost to the point where I'd have been fine not watching it.

Anyway, is there a way to legally watch this in the UK on release or is it cinema only?

Cinema only in the UK, same as all the other WB releases since cinemas reopened. The 30/45 day window kicks in from whatever their first 2022 release is. 

• Like 1