Eric Duncan

THE STAR WARS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER WEEKEND THREAD | Abandon all hope, ye who enter here | 177.38 DOM, 197 OS, 373.5 WW | SALE NOW LIVE

1 hour ago, Menor said:

Inflation adjusted the way BOM does it is not exactly the most accurate. ROTS peaked at #7 on the domestic chart TROS won't come even close to that. ROTS also had a huge increase from AOTC, OW was up 43% and final was 30% ahead.  And btw that Titanic dismissal is just ridiculous, Titanic was in admissions way bigger than any of the ST as well.

It wasn’t a dismissal. More a sly ‘let’s not even pretend any blockbuster can be compared with the boat movie’ kind of rhetoric. 

I’m not sure numbering where ROTS in the domestic chart at the time counters what I’m saying. TROS is on to perform just like that film did in terms of attendance. And that was also the big finale. 
Also I’ve talked about Clones before. It had Spider-Man suck a little wind out of its sails. Plus it wasn’t very good; following a film that also wasn’t very good*  It could only get better, with Vader being the hook of all hooks (just ask Rogue One). 

So far there’s little that leads me to believe TROS won’t end up performing just as ROTS did.  Let’s just see where it ends up. 

*just my opinion. 

Watching Disney Wars fall apart in real time is amazing.  Rian Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy are clowns.

Now comes the long road to rid Star Wars of the creatively bankrupt Hollywood establishment.  Join my campaign and together we’ll make Star Wars great again

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

Watching Disney Wars fall apart in real time is amazing.  Rian Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy are clowns.

Now comes the long road to rid Star Wars of the creatively bankrupt Hollywood establishment.  Join my campaign and together we’ll make Star Wars great again

I think you mean JJ. 

• Like 1

Parasite has more plotholes & coincidences than TROS and yet it is described as this masterful script every screenwriter can only dream of.

The double standard is hilariously pathetic.

A Star Wars film by the Parasite director would give a new appreciation for The Last Jedi.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, Royce said:

Battle of the Five Armies all over again...

Actually that trilogy and this trilogy's trajectory are very similar

Difference is that hobbit was never going to match Lotr due to source material.  Could’ve been a lot better tho

2 minutes ago, Royce said:

Battle of the Five Armies all over again...

Actually that trilogy and this trilogy's trajectory are very similar

Actually Battle of the Five Armies almost  matches DOS domestically and worldwide, while TROS is taking a big tumble from TLJ so it’s not the same 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Parasite has more plotholes & coincidences than TROS and yet it is described as this masterful script every screenwriter can only dream of.

A Star Wars film by the Parasite director would give a new appreciation for The Last Jedi.

I still want director Bong for a potential DC Black Label film, given how he had so much appreciation for Joker ~

But a Star Wars film? Interesting, very interesting :3

Edited by Bart Allen

10 minutes ago, mcclaine said:

Well, this is for those who still claimed that only a small group of "toxic" people didn't like TLJ. 

As if Solo wasn't enough, here's reality catching up with you.

Oh it was not small at all. That's baloney. I know plenty who were none too pleased. I was fine with it but I'm less picky as Star Wars was always just ok to me. Fun but nothing amazing so my expectations were lower.

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

It wasn’t a dismissal. More a sly ‘let’s not even pretend any blockbuster can be compared with the boat movie’ kind of rhetoric. 

I’m not sure numbering where ROTS in the domestic chart at the time counters what I’m saying. TROS is on to perform just like that film did in terms of attendance. And that was also the big finale. 
Also I’ve talked about Clones before. It had Spider-Man suck a little wind out of its sails. Plus it wasn’t very good; following a film that also wasn’t very good*  It could only get better, with Vader being the hook of all hooks (just ask Rogue One). 

So far there’s little that leads me to believe TROS won’t end up performing just as ROTS did.  Let’s just see where it ends up. 

*just my opinion. 

It already isn't performing like ROTS. ROTS 4-day was massive and blew away opening records (158 million 4-day when the three day record was 114 million, if it opened on a Friday it would have destroyed that record). Like I said BOM's numbers shouldn't be taken as actual admissions/attendance since the formula they use is very crude. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I think that has more to do with you missing the point of Parasite

2 hours ago, wildphantom said:

re-read what I said. It had a hook, but it wasn’t the biggest film of all time was it? It didn’t even make two thirds of what a 1997 romance made - and it was the final Star Wars! 
TROS if it had the hook that movie had I don’t doubt would have opened bigger. Plus like I keep saying, it’s the 5th Star Wars film in 4 years. Sith was the 1st in 3 years. 

Sith adjusted is $540 million. By the standards of the current conversation some of you are trying to spout - I mean what a failure!! The last Star Wars film only making $540 million!? Disaster. What happened to Star Wars?

There’s better discourse to be having about how this film is doing. I know it. Lots that are being shouted into a corner know it, but just can’t be bothered to engage. 

Carry on telling me ROTS was this juggernaut and TROS is a failure with that adjusted number. It doesn’t add up does it. 

2005 was a down year attendance-wise and ROTS didn't have 3D/IMAX. If it came out a few years later, it probably would have made a lot more than $540m adjusted.

• Like 1

The numbers are lower than expected. That selling more tickets than Endgame PR story was just as shitty as all of Disney early ticket sales PR stories. Yes The Last Jedi did hurt the Star Wars brand. Furthermore Lucasfilm would have never made a panic sequel if The Last Jedi had been as liked as The Force Awakens and hadn't dropped 700mil from that film.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

I still want director Bong for a potential DC Black Label film, given how he had so much appreciation for Joker ~

But a Star Wars film? Interesting, very interesting :3

Highly unlikely he does any CBM. Same applies to a number of other directors too. 

But, for what you want, Kim Jee-woon or Park Chan-wook are likely better choices. I think Kim especially would definitely bite if offered.

8 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’ve gotta hand it to Disney, they’ve damaged the Star Wars brand worse than George Lucas ever could, and they’ve owned the franchise for less than a decade. That’s impressive. 

Everything is proceeding to how i have forseen it

Edited by Gokira2012
  • Haha 1