Eric the Ape

THE STAR WARS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER WEEKEND THREAD | Abandon all hope, ye who enter here | 177.38 DOM, 197 OS, 373.5 WW | SALE NOW LIVE

Star Wars movies are definitely about how they sit with you over time. I'll probably re watch rise of skywalker a few more times over the holidays, just cause I have multiple friends I have plans to see it with. But I'd rank it pretty even with TFA. Disney star wars for me goes

Rogue One

TFA     ROS

Solo

Last Jedi

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, jb007 said:

Have been a fan since 1977.  Have watched every single Star Wars movie in its original release at the theaters.  Loved the movie. Cannot wait to watch it again tomorrow. 

It released in India back then?

Not gonna be a spoilsport.

Spoiler

Edited by Jedi Jat

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Final

MTC 1: $34mn

At same time

Endgame: $52mn Approx

The Last Jedi: $36.2mn

The Force Awakens: $36.2mn

MTC 2: $19.5mn

At same time

Endgame: $31mn Approx 

The Lion King: $12mn

Nationwide estimates: $123mn

At same time

Endgame: $193mn

The Force Awakens: $130mn

The Last Jedi: $130mn

The Lion King: $74mn 

Note: All these numbers include a good amount of estimation. The system is working well but there's always margin of error, take +/-5%.

http://bit.ly/JatUSPS

Spoiler

Well per my calculations; its $38-40 Million previews.

From Friday pre sales I expect $48mn Approx. Let's see what the actual numbers show us tonight.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Didn't expected the thread to be so dead.

We successfully melted down in the afternoon, and now everyone is holding their breath to find out how drunk deadline is.    

How is F2 Thurs doing? Did we hit that 1.9 I wanted?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

We successfully melted down in the afternoon, and now everyone is holding their breath to find out how drunk deadline is.    

lol yup, pretty much this. 

15 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

How is F2 Thurs doing? Did we hit that 1.9 I wanted?

The people that like the movie are holding their breath hoping the number holds while those that want it to do worst than TLJ are holding their breath hoping Deadline is wrong.

Likely the number will be right on the edge and we'll go through this again tomorrow night.

1 hour ago, Menor said:

If Deadline's number is correct then it must have gotten some kind of ridiculous numbers at small chains. MTC numbers were pointing to high 30s.

This is just 2 theaters, but FWIW my Harkins theaters did extremely well. 

Harkins Arvada 14: 1138 sold vs TLK’s 553. 

Harkins Northfield 18: 2076 sold vs TLK’s 826. 

• Like 3

Just checked the front page of this forum right now:

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | NO SPOILERS | Reviews Page 651 | Worst reviewed Star Wars movie in 20 years | NO FANBOY WARS / TROLLING ALLOWED

Birds of Prey (And The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) | Feb 7 2020 | Warner Bros | Cathy Yan directing. Margot Robbie. Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Jurnee Smollett-Bell, Ewan McGregor is Black Mask | NO TROLLING/FANBOY WARS ALLOWED

Black Widow | Marvel Studios | 1st May, 2020 | Now Featuring William Hurt as General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross | NO FANBOY WARS/TROLLING ALLOWED

WONDER WOMAN 1984 | June 5 2020 | NO FANBOY WARS/TROLLING ALLOWED | TRAILER PAGE 129

BOT, we're your friends.  And we've all agreed, you need an intervention.  You're... You're addicted to trolling.

BOT:  NO I'M NOT.  SHUT UP AND SHUT YOUR STUPID FACE.

BOT, look in the mirror.  Take a damn good look at yourself.

BOT looks away.

LOOK AT YOURSELF BOT!  JUST LOOK AT YOURSELF!!!

===

Well, mostly I just found it amusing seeing that warning on so many threads right now. :lol:  Though, I doubt the Staff finds it quite so chuckle worthy. ;)

• Haha 1

I'll say it now: there's almost no chance whatsoever of this film hitting $45m let alone $48m for previews. I think Deadline will be way off here...we should see soon enough anyway but I'm expecting something much closer to $40m.