charlie Jatinder

NEW YEAR WEEKDAYS THREAD: New Year Day Final Trend P 26. Happy New Year.

Finally burned my TMobile Atom deal...since no one could agree, I let money and the littlest decide (since he got stuck watching Jumanji when he was outvoted 5-1), so 4 of us will be seeing Doolittle for cheap Tuesday after its opening weekend.  $12 for 4 tickets with my younger teen girl and my youngest boy going with the parents (very weird breakdown - we've never broken by interest like this, but the 2 kids who are most like each other did decide each way).  I told the youngest this is his chance to prove he can stay home with this sis, b/c usually those 2 hate each other and we purposely separate them...but who knows?  Maybe a movie can bring them together (I'll still sit between them:)...

• Like 3

Star Wars is really epic franchise.

First trilogy received epic success.

Second one received epic negativity. 

Third one is mixture of both

FA - Epic success

TLJ - Epic backlash

TROS - Epic eggs on the faces of                             some twitter frauds once.                           the Epic crash occurs. 

So, my metro is sitting on decisions for this weekend, but one local 11 might be setting the trend...

This theater is ADDING shows to Little Women and Knives Out while dropping a screen for TROS (this theater did NOT book The Grudge, so it literally just took a TROS screen and split it to LW for morning and KO for evening, and kept the rest of this week's set)...yes, it seems they have decided at this point, Knives Out can make them more money than TROS, when you add in the revenue split...KO and LW get 1.5 screens each...

We'll see if that trends...but if it does, it's gonna continue the bad signs for TROS...

48 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Monday 2nd Projection

SW: TRoS: $15.25mn

Jumanji: $8.65mn

Frozen 2: $4.4mn

Little Women: $4.3mn

SiD: $3.3mn

TROS losing 12M to TLJ today, should lose 15M tomorrow, 5M on NYD and 10M on average from Thursday to Sunday. About 72M over the course of this week added to the 7M it is already trailing and that's 80M in deficit on Sunday

• Like 4