Jamiem

Birds of Prey 113.4m OS 195.8m WW

31 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Dark Phoenix is vindicated. Dark fate, CA, BoP all did worse. 

prod-budget ; ww ; ww/prod-budget

CA 60 ; 70.5 ; 1.18x

DPX 200 ; 246 ; 1.23x

DF 190 ; 251 ; 1.32x

BOP 85; 210 (48*2.5x = 120 os + 90 dom) ; 2.47x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stephanos13 said:

The Dark Phoenix comparison is for trolling right?

Because I can't see any comparison to a movie that lost $120M!

Shouldn't comparisons be based on their performance and genres rather than profits? 

By your standard, we might as well compare BOP to MOS or BVS, all of which barely break even. But I fail to see how that's less for trolling.

8 hours ago, LeoC said:

Shouldn't comparisons be based on their performance and genres rather than profits? 

By your standard, we might as well compare BOP to MOS or BVS, all of which barely break even. But I fail to see how that's less for trolling.

No compare it to a movie with a similar budget. 

Comparing a movie of 200M budget that was a colossal disaster to a movie of 85M budget is unreasonable.

Edited by stephanos13

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Opening wknd <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/boxoffice?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#boxoffice</a> for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BirdsOfPrey?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BirdsOfPrey</a> came in slightly below studio estimates at $33M domestic, $46.5M intl &amp; $79.5M global. Top intl mkts were Mexico ($4.4M), Russia ($3.9M), UK ($3.7M) &amp; Brazil ($2.8M).</p>&mdash; Gitesh Pandya (@GiteshPandya) <a href="https://twitter.com/GiteshPandya/status/1226939014105661442?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 10, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

numbers are coming in below estimates both DOM and INTL

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

Not counting the first 2 days [7.8m for Wed/Thursday] that's about a 41% drop. 

Its going toe-to-toe with Glass internationally. Glass opened to 48.5m in similar markets, dropped to 23.6m on its second weekend for an OS total only a few mil higher than where BOP is right now. Glass dropped 52.6% where BOP dropped 50%, but I think the Valentine's Friday in some markets accounts for that difference. Glass legged it to 135m internationally, I don't see why BOP can't do the same. Due to a slightly higher domestic gross, Glass ended its second weekend at 162m vs BOP's 145m (with the domestic Monday as well). Unlike Glass at the same point in time, BOP still has Japan. If that gives it a couple mil, I see BOP finishing in the 235m+ neighborhood to Glass's 247m. 250m is still possible, but I think it'll come in just under

As a quick aside, despite poor reviews domestically, Glass was pretty well received internationally

Edited by Justin4125
  • Like 2

Shazam OS-C-J

15.7 WTh 

56.3 FSS

30.4 weekdays

31.3 2nd wknd

BOP

7.8 WTh (49.7%)

38.7 FSS (68.7%)

14.1 weekdays

23 2nd wknd (73.5%)

Shazam added ~50M after 2nd weekend, maybe 40-50M for BoP although possible VD bump makes me nervous. OS still headed for about 125+5 from J imo, exactly what I had last weekend. DOM maybe 95, 225 or so finish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AdrianL said:

Not counting the first 2 days [7.8m for Wed/Thursday] that's about a 41% drop. 

Again you can't subtrackt the Wed and Thursday gross from the weekend numbers because most countries that open movies on Wednesday and thursday always account them in to the 'weekend' OS weekend numbers are never just FSS, they include wed and thu numbers from some countries.

• Like 3