Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

What's unique about The Flash is... you don't need a huge budget. Because the speed can be done in many ways. Now if they go the X-Men Quicksilver route, that would cost a ton. But if they use similar speed effects as Man of Steel, that would be fine. Sure, The Flash effects on the CW aren't great... but SOME of them are. And that's on a TINY budget, comparatively. Flash should have an element of light-heartedness. And if they keep a lot of the Miller/Lord script, this could be great.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, leatherjacket said:

With the choice of Ezra Miller and now Rick Famuyima as director. I dont know how WB excess are thinking!!!!

Grant Gustin is far better than Ezra Miller.

Have you seen Ezra Miller in anything to make that claim? From what I've seen of Gustin he is no where shape or form a good actor maybe by TV standards he's decent at best.

• Like 6

Several Batman News readers just pointed out some potentially big DC Extended Universe news to me. Rick Famuyiwa, the writer/director of the 2015 movie Dope, recently went on a Twitter following spree! He started following, in this order: DC Comics, Geoff Johns, Wonder Woman, Gal Gadot, Suicide Squad, Zack Snyder, Ben Affleck, Ray Fisher, and Jason Momoa.

In between all of that, he also started following Channing Tatum and comic book writer Mark Waid. And to make things even more interesting, the new head of DC Films, Geoff Johns, started following Famuyiwa back recently as well

This is so sad. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

This is probably the untitled DC film set for October 2018. TOMB RAIDER now has the March 16, 2018 date.

Smart move. This needed to move looking at how crowded February and March got. In terms of Superhero movies, you need to either be first out the gate or last out the gate to make a big impression every year. A back to back glut helps no one.

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Smart move. This needed to move looking at how crowded February and March got. In terms of Superhero movies, you need to either be first out the gate or last out the gate to make a big impression every year. A back to back glut helps no one.

But WB still has THREE tentpoles in March: MEG, TOMB RAIDER and READY PLAYER ONE.

Just now, kayumanggi said:

But WB still has THREE tentpoles in March: MEG, TOMB RAIDER and READY PLAYER ONE.

Yup, neither are superhero movies though. Tomb Raider can actually work well as counterprogramming to the male oriented entries throughout Feb and March. 

Guessing we will hear the new date for Flash at SDCC.

• Like 2

I'm starting to worry about this film. I love the Flash, huge reader in the 90's and I'd say he entered my all time top 10 character list during that time and still is a favorite.

Flash deserves to be a strong film so I still hope for the best. The TV show might be waning when this comes out but it's going to have to BE something so drastically different from the TV show. The TV show, while not perfect does do so much right that the film will need a huge hook.