Eric Loves Rey

Nope | Jordan Peele | Keke Palmer, Daniel Kaluuya, Steven Yeun star | July 22, 2022

15 minutes ago, Scubasteve716 said:

I follow that account too. They seem to not have good taste in movies so I wouldn’t put too much stock into what they’re saying. A third walking out is a shit ton, has to be an over exaggeration. Do people really walk out of movies that often?

Only if something becomes too obnoxious. Otherwise, if it's just bad bad or boring, most will just sit through to enjoy the AC and food.

Edited by nguyenkhoi282

Anyways about the controversy of the last days with some critics.

Maybe they didn't mean some critics were lying to people when they say they liked the movie, maybe they meant it was wrong to present the movie with the kind of tone you use for a crowd pleasure marvel movie every body is gonna love. So like being more honest about what the kind of movie it is. 

Edited by vale9001

3 hours ago, cax16 said:

I’m only sharing this cause it just came up on my time line. It’s only one person from a theatre but I just saw it so I thought I’d share. For the record I have no interest in this movie and haven’t been following much about it. 

this guy's the biggest troll on film twitter, haha. best not to believe his drivel👍 

7 hours ago, Lestranger said:

Probably not the most popular opinion, but I prefer the original ending Peele had for Get Out. It was dark as hell and brutally honest. The film would have gone up a couple of levels for me if he had the balls to keep it. But it is a great film as is, just felt incomplete on some level. US is even better, totally bonkers. Very excited for Nope. 

What’s the original ending?

18 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I'm really disappointed we in Turkey have to wait nearly another month for this movie. It actually got pushed back by another week yesterday, and UIP decided to put a random Bollywood movie there. Why?

Everywhere is coming in August. This time the budget is "high, 68M + marketing so maybe they hope in something more in the OS Total. And they believe americans reactions or their box office news can promote the movie. 

6 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

For those that have seen it, how is the tone? Is it comedic in parts?

Yes - it’s a blend of comedy, thriller, and sci-fi - and I guess even a bit western - but a very well crafted and told story

• Like 2

World of Reel says this morning that ad blurbs have been circulating calling this "The Best Movie of The Year," and attributing the quote to The Wrap. Problem is, The Wrap reviewer actually gave it a negative review, and unfortunately for Universal, his response is now getting some airplay.

I can't believe they would be brazen enough to just make up the quote- probably some intern in the marketing dept hadn't had their coffee yet- but what a screw up.

11 minutes ago, A Star is Orm said:

World of Reel says this morning that ad blurbs have been circulating calling this "The Best Movie of The Year," and attributing the quote to The Wrap. Problem is, The Wrap reviewer actually gave it a negative review, and unfortunately for Universal, his response is now getting some airplay.

I can't believe they would be brazen enough to just make up the quote- probably some intern in the marketing dept hadn't had their coffee yet- but what a screw up.

Legend's two-star review that (almost) nobody noticed - BBC News

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Astonished 1