Eric the Fall Guy

Nope | Jordan Peele | Keke Palmer, Daniel Kaluuya, Steven Yeun star | July 22, 2022

It doesn't entirely work. The pacing gets a bit wonky, a couple of characters never fully click, it kinda runs out of gas by the end.

Having said all that.....holy shit, there's some amazing stuff here and I can't stop thinking about it. Pretty sure I'll be going back soon to see it again.

• Like 2

Is it believed that the delayed OS release will hurt the OS box office by it already being released DOM for 2+ weeks especially, I imagine, with some of the OS audience that was on the fence potentially opting to not see Nope with the mixed WOM? Nope's 70% verified aud score at RT is only 10% above that of Us which was prior to verified scores which often resulted in lower audience scores. I imagine it'll finish with something in 65% to 69% as more and more see it. By the way, I liked but didn't love Nope and recommended seeing it in a theater to everyone that asked.

2 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Is it believed that the delayed OS release will hurt the OS box office by it already being released DOM for 2+ weeks especially, I imagine, with some of the OS audience that was on the fence potentially opting to not see Nope with the mixed WOM? Nope's 70% verified aud score at RT is only 10% above that of Us which was prior to verified scores which often resulted in lower audience scores. I imagine it'll finish with something in 65% to 69% as more and more see it. By the way, I liked but didn't love Nope and recommended seeing it in a theater to everyone that asked.

I don't think that's how WOM works...

Like why should anyone in Spain care what people in the USA think about a movie?

• ...wtf 1

28 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Like why should anyone in Spain care what people in the USA think about a movie?

I imagine a lot of people outside of the US see reactions on Twitter that are decidedly mixed and it might cause some reconsider. Seems this one mostly for diehard Peele fans. I'm also wondering if going forward, at least for his next feature, many will take a "fooled me twice" stance as in they gave him a mulligan for Us but after two mulligans they'll outright wait for rental/streaming for whatever he does next rather than paying to see it in a theater.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I mean... if memes and tweets and articles and buzz from USA go viral, etc.. it's going to mostly influence other countries who haven't seen the movie

this just makes no sense. It's like saying why people in USA would care about what other countries think of a movie? When there's international breakouts every year... RRR, Drive My Car, Parasite..

• Like 1

Just seen it. It’s a really big swing. I was fully entertained throughout. Some very creepy moments too. Keke Palmer is the stand out, I thought Daniel Kaluuya phoned it in. He was the weak point for me. 

The best use of sound in the cinema on a huge screen easily this year, maybe of the last few years. 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Loved this, and it’s absolutely worth paying the extra for IMAX, it looks and especially sounds incredible.

I do feel like the trailers showed far too much though, while not everything is given away, there’s quite a lot that would have been better as a surprise rather than being used as trailer fodder.

Spoiler

It’d have been so much better to see them figure out that it doesn’t take them if they don’t look at it, having that in the trailer kind of robbed the film of some tension.

I liked the alien though, it was nice to have an alien that isn’t just the usual two legged/two armed humanoid type.

7 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Loved this, and it’s absolutely worth paying the extra for IMAX, it looks and especially sounds incredible.

I do feel like the trailers showed far too much though, while not everything is given away, there’s quite a lot that would have been better as a surprise rather than being used as trailer fodder.

Reveal hidden contents

Yes! I’m glad I only ever seen the very first teaser trailer. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Honestly, I don’t get what the people who hate this movie compared to Get Out and Us were expecting. It’s a Jordan Peele movie. Plain and simple. 

At a guess, they were probably expecting more of a horror whereas this is more of a sci-fi thriller, but personally I’m glad to see him not just become “the horror guy” when it comes to the movies he makes.

• ...wtf 1