Borobudur

The Suicide Squad Weekend Thread: 26.6M Opening Weekend, 35M OS | Jungle Cruise 15.7 (-55%), Old 4.1 (-40%), Widow 4 (-38%), Stillwater 2.9 (-45%)

19 minutes ago, john2000 said:

I mean yeah you can certainly see its impact on jungle cruise or the holdovers and also its not like things were worse during MK or GvK oh wait.......joke aside covid certainly affected things buts its not the main reason.....not at all

Why do you get oddly defensive and antagonistic whenever COVID is mentioned here. 

12 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Why do you get oddly defensive and antagonistic whenever COVID is mentioned here. 

Bc it seems that every time a movie does bad some people will say it is bc of covid ,i never said that covid wasnt affecting things but you cant just blame covid for everything thats wrong with the box office....i dont want to be seen as agressive thats the last thing that i want 

Edited by john2000

I thought it was a pretty good movie. Very entertaining, very violent and pretty funny. Crazy minds made this and did a better job than with the first one

But it did`ent blow me away. Maybe it was my high expectations

8/10 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, john2000 said:

By the way to anyone who has seen the movie ?is it as good as critics are making it out to be  

Not as good as GotG1 but better than GotG 2 IMO. It's just a well made entertaining movie and the story is simple and straightforward for the most part.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, john2000 said:

By the way to anyone who has seen the movie ?is it as good as critics are making it out to be  

It is.

Really well crafted in every aspect. On point directing, very well written script with good dialogues and great use of the characters and their habilities, very clever editing (i actually starting to think this is the most creative edited Marvel / DC movie i've seen), great cast all around, top notch VFX, great action without shaky camera or speed cuts, great soundtrack.

It have some problems that maybe can be a bad thing for some people, i think it really depends on their taste, it's a James Gunn movie for better or worse. But it is really impressive in execution.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 3

Despite the predicted  lower box office opening. There is lots of positive. 

This movie is getting excellent word of mouth which will improve DC reputation. I believe this movie might be big streaming hit for HBO max similar to WW 84. I see this movie important for DC redemption similar to Batman begins. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

And if they really want it to give up of the strategy they would do it by now.

They are seeing good results on box office since march, especially in May-June. If they're worried about how much money they are losing with HBO Max releases we wouldn't be in August still getting 200M movies the same way.

They don't care and like i said, probably because they always expect things to be this way.

No, they do care - but they’d already committed. 

The moment they told subscribers to join as they could watch all 2022’s movies on there - game over. There’s no way they could walk that back and not have a huge fallout. 

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

For Rated R well received movies, normally B+

I would be surprised with an A-, more than that seems highly unlikely for an "adult" movie.

A B+ isn't good for an action film, especially one fan driven like this, even if it's rated R. I mean just looking at other major R-rated action comedies, The Deadpool movies have an A, so do the Bad Boys movies. 

• Like 2

Exactly, where are the Friday numbers? But the previews number was also reported pretty late.
But whatever number is posted soon (hopefully), please remember that last week Jungle Cruise improved with every update. 
And Menor and other members mentioned that TSS could rather be an evening film (judging from the reports yesterday and I agree: The evening shows looked way stronger than others).

Edited by el sid

12 minutes ago, el sid said:

Exactly, where are the Friday numbers? But the previews number was also reported pretty late.
But whatever number is posted soon (hopefully), please remember that last week Jungle Cruise improved with every update. 
And Menor and other members mentioned that TSS could rather be an evening film (judging from the reports yesterday and I agree: The evening shows looked way stronger than others).

I think JC improved because expectations for it were too low going into the day. Usually Deadline's midday updates have been right on the dot (F9 and BW were at least). Still we can never say for sure. 

• Like 1