Borobudur

The Suicide Squad Weekend Thread: 26.6M Opening Weekend, 35M OS | Jungle Cruise 15.7 (-55%), Old 4.1 (-40%), Widow 4 (-38%), Stillwater 2.9 (-45%)

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

Correct ;) hence my comment about the rarity of the A for R rated. And considering the wom that MK got (which is like totally opposite of TSS) I still don't know how it managed that. Totally expected a B/C on that one. 

Also, since we don't know the minute detail it could have just barely missed the A-. We will just never know. 

Well Cap did warn us that Harley fans might not be happy with TSS…

😉

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Joker B+

Inception B+

Cinemascore is the most useless thing I always have to read here.

12 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

even in our forum many though it was mid and many loved it. 

The movie is having a great WOM and there is nothing you can do about it, not even bringing the many supposed mid comments from here.

Edited by Lighthouse
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, Alligator Zatt said:

I’ll abstain from commenting any further. If that’s what you think, awesome. But if you don’t see anything wrong with a critically praised film getting review bombed followed by this Cinemascore isn’t a tad sus with how a section of the DC fandom operates, by all means, be my guest. This isn’t even the first time. Birds of Prey faced a minor backlash, but it did. That wasn’t really by any means as good as this one though.

See , I understand your point.

You loved the movie and so did many in our forum but many also thought it was just ok. The thing is those section of "DC fans" can''t sabotage cinemascore. They just don't have resources to do so. 

Also , RT verified score is very reliable. yes, it can get sabotage by usual suspect but chances are very low and at best fraction of reviews. 

Captain Marvel was sabotaged on RT and Imdb and it has an cinemascore of A. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

Joker B+

5 minutes ago, RRA said:

Well Cap did warn us that Harley fans might not be happy with TSS…

😉

I think Harley is one of the best characters in DC, I love the animated show and I think this is Robbie’s best outing as the character yet. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madhuvan said:

See , I understand your point.

You loved the movie and so did many in our forum but many also thought it was just ok. The thing is those section of "DC fans" can''t sabotage cinemascore. They just don't have resources to do so. 

Also , RT verified score is very reliable. yes, it can get sabotage by usual suspect but chances are very low and at best fraction of reviews. 

Captain Marvel was sabotaged on RT and Imdb and it has an cinemascore of A. 

That was before the pandemic, wasn’t it? And also before they got emboldened by getting a certain thing they campaigned for a long time.

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, Alligator Zatt said:

I think Harley is one of the best characters in DC, I love the animated show and I think this is Robbie’s best outing as the character yet. 

For one thing, she has the classic Harely New York accent for most of the film.

• Like 1

Just saw The Suicide Squad! My theater was packed tonight and the audience clapped after it ended! It was so good! I’m hoping this does well! One thing is for sure, Peacemaker is going to be a HUGE show for HBO next year! 

• Like 1

B+ ain't a bad score for a film like this. It's way more gory and violent than the deadpool movies.

-Even the humour is more crude compared to deadpool's stylish quips.

This movie is even disgusting at parts like brief moments of nudity and rats may cause discomfort.

Love this movie but it's no where near as audience friendly as the deadpool movies.

Those using BOP and MK as comps should note that these started and ended low on imdb . TSS is at a 7.8 with 25k+ votes. Will probably settle in low to mid to low 7 range compared to BOP and MK's   6.

Logan had an A- and joker also got a B+.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

B+ ain't a bad score for a film like this. It's way more gory and violent than the deadpool movies.

This movie is even disgusting at parts like brief moments of nudity and rats may cause discomfort.

Love this movie but it's no where near as audience friendly as the deadpool movies.

Those using BOP and MK as comps should note that these started and ended low on imdb . TSS is at a 7.8 with 25k+ votes. Will probably settle in low to mid to low 7 range compared to BOP and MK's   6.

Kick-ass got a B, another violent cbm , but marketing may have indicated a lighter tone, and that was a well liked film

2 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

I just think it’s annoying that DC movies keep getting B+ scores, while garbage like Space Jam 2 gets an A-. I’m not optimistic about what the Cinemascore rating for The Batman will look like. Matt Reeves doesn’t have a good track record with that.