BadOlCatSylvester

May 13-15 Weekend Thread | 67.4% drop for Doctor Strange 2

7 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

I can appreciate that.

Which character of the show is the best do you think and why is it Toph?

i was just joking this is the dr stranged weekend 2 thread

toph was ok but Ty Lee was my fave

Edited by IronJimbo

13 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

I can appreciate that.

Which character of the show is the best do you think and why is it Toph?

Of course you mean “the best character who has not transcended such concepts entirely by the sheer weight of their wisdom and compassion” in which case you are correct.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DS2HaterLegion Confirmed said:

Of course you mean “the best character who has not transcended such concepts entirely by the sheer weight of their wisdom and compassion” in which case you are correct.

Iroh is the most perfect mentor figure imaginable but Toph is just special to me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ringedmortality said:

Eternals is a weird one because I've seen people who hate the MCU say something like "can't believe how critics gave Spider-Man positive reviews but gave the Chloe Zhao movie bad reviews."

This is the Marvel's main problem currently but it's what's going to save them long-term, which is probably what happened with comics.

The MCU is making films for different audiences ("Grounded", Cosmic, Magic, etc), but Marvel is just too popular and interconnected (now) for anyone to miss anything. Eternals is good but there's a certain demographic that loves it, I absolutely adore MoM but I can see why general audiences wouldn't like it as much. Same with the D+ shows. 

But there's "always" going to be a Marvel property that is a must-see for an audience, a new Marvel franchise to check out and a big massive event for everyone. 

8 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Strange:

May 13: 58.7M (22.5M weekdays, 312.1M Total)

May 20: 29.8M (12.2M weekdays, 354.1M Total)

May 27: 17M (8.9M weekdays, 380M Total)

June 3: 8.9M (5.3M weekdays, 394.2M Total)

June 10: 3.5M (2.2M weekdays, 399.9M Total)

June 17: 2.5M (1.5M weekdays, 403.9M Total)

June 24: 1.6M (900k weekdays, 406.4M Total)

Total: 410M (2.19x)

Losing Dolby and other PLFs to Downton could hurt it much more than 50% next weekend given changing audience habits post-pandemic. June 3 will probably make or break 400M since Watcher is the only wide release and Top Gun will be the JW sellout alternative by that point. I think it'll reach that mark barring ugly drops the next two weeks.

I think Downton is only getting some Dolby theaters with Strange keeping the rest (+ IMAX).

If JC's Avatar becomes really big is nickelodeon's avatar going to rebrand? 

The last airbender on its own isn't too bad of a name

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AnDr3s said:

in a few months time they will, i mean  some people think eternals is a masterpiece because it has a "different" tone

I don't even understand why people even want different tone.

Eternals and MoM are good movie because they are different from so called formula, have different tone despite being..... Bad movies. 

This tone people are dissing is MCU's MO..... it's MCU's Identity.

Marvel make people laugh, they make fun lighthearted superhero movies which people can enjoy in theaters, that's one of the reason if they're succes among other reasons, why would people want to change it. 

32 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

I don't even understand why people even want different tone.

Eternals and MoM are good movie because they are different from so called formula, have different tone despite being..... Bad movies. 

This tone people are dissing is MCU's MO..... it's MCU's Identity.

Marvel make people laugh, they make fun lighthearted superhero movies which people can enjoy in theaters, that's one of the reason if they're succes among other reasons, why would people want to change it. 

Well, you have pointed out the reason why DS2 got B+ CinemaScore, its script is just as messy as NWH but NWH is a lighthearted, fanservice, formulaic Marvel film, (some Marvel fans said it's also as messy as Endgame but Endgame is so far away, personally I can't recall how messy it was anymore), at least DS2 tried to do something different, which results in the screenwriters ends up having to apologize to MCU Wanda stans for not letting her being a heroic character (even tho comic readers have foreseen it comings years ago and have already warned people about it, Wanda is just an unhinge character with a "delicate" mind who unfortunately gets over buffed by a massive power in almost every universe).