Eric Prime

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

20 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

CinemaScore is gonna be interesting.

This is the second worst reviewd Thor movie ( besides Dark World ). Dark World got A- CinemaScore, while Thor 1 got a B+

Dr Strange got a 85% Audience Score on RT and it got a B+ CinemaScore 

Thor Love and Thunder also has a 85% Audience Score on RT, but that's based on 500 reviews, while Dr Strange 2 has more than 10.000 audience reviews.

So, CinemaScore is gonna be either A- or B+

But all audience RT score is 78%, just 4% more than Eternals so a B score is also possible.

26 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

CinemaScore is gonna be interesting.

This is the second worst reviewd Thor movie ( besides Dark World ). Dark World got A- CinemaScore, while Thor 1 got a B+

Dr Strange got a 85% Audience Score on RT and it got a B+ CinemaScore 

Thor Love and Thunder also has a 85% Audience Score on RT, but that's based on 500 reviews, while Dr Strange 2 has more than 10.000 audience reviews.

So, CinemaScore is gonna be either A- or B+

85% with 1000+ reviews. TDK was never on verified audience score .

85% VA will correspond with B+  not an A- , needs high 80s to low 90s  for that.

Tros got B+ on 86% VAS.

Use  Verified audience scores as comps .

Eternals was at 86% at the same point so don't count out a B cinema score too.

Edited by Liiviig 1998

Can't Believe MCU will lose so much quality in just 2-3 yrs.

Do they even know their audience anymore? MCU audience will gladly watch a longer movie with more build up and character moments. 

That's what made "MCU" MCU not just some 3rd act action. MCU has truly lost it. I as die hard fan feel disconnected with Phase 4. 

Edited by Madhuvan
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

Best 6th week numbers of all time for the top 20 grossers. Absolutely mental that TGM is holding on to Avatar still:

1. Avatar - 47.67M

2. Top Gun: Maverick - 43.37M

3. Frozen 2 - 33.79M (Christmas) 

4. Titanic - 32.83M

5. Black Panther - 25.18M

6. The Phantom Menace- 22.32M

7. Incredibles 2- 19.81M

8. The Force Awakens - 19.61M

9. Spider-Man: No Way Home - 18.00M

10. Jurassic World - 17.13M

11. The Avengers - 16.84M

12. Avengers: Infinity War - 15.39M

13. The Dark Knight - 14.79M

14. Beauty and the Beast - 12.58M

15. Avengers: Endgame - 11.88M

16. Finding Dory- 11.81M

17. The Lion King - 11.74M

18. Rogue One - 9.76M

19. The Last Jedi - 8.82M

20. The Rise of Skywalker - 7.45M

Edited by Tokugennumataka
  • Like 10

1 minute ago, Tokugennumataka said:

6th week

1. Avatar - 47.67M

2. Top Gun: Maverick - 43.37M

3. Frozen 2 - 33.79M (Christmas) 

4. Titanic - 32.83M

5. Black Panther - 25.18M

6. The Phantom Menace- 22.32M

7. Incredibles 2- 19.81M

8. The Force Awakens - 19.61M

9. Spider-Man: No Way Home - 18.00M

10. Jurassic World - 17.13M

11. The Avengers - 16.84M

12. Avengers: Infinity War - 15.39M

13. The Dark Knight - 14.79M

14. Beauty and the Beast - 12.58M

15. Avengers: Endgame - 11.88M

16. Finding Dory- 11.81M

17. The Lion King - 11.74M

18. Rogue One - 9.76M

19. The Last Jedi - 8.82M

20. The Rise of Skywalker - 7.45M

Holiday and summer weekdays really helping it keep pace with Avatar on weekly basis. Only week substantially below percentage-wise was Week 5.

3 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Gorr butchered our Asgardian gods too  :whosad:

They never provide preview numbers. I think comscore data is not visible until sometime today if I am not wrong and that includes friday presales as well. We have to rely on Deadline or some other source reporting previews shortly. I think Disney generally tends to be later than most studios. 

• Like 1

Just now, SpiderByte said:

WHAT?!? THERES NEVER BEEN SUCH A MASSIVE BOMB IN THE MCU, TRULY AN UNPRECEDENTED FAILURE IN THE HISTORY OF CINEMA 

I see more people claiming that people are calling this movie a bomb or flop than people actually doing it 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

WHAT?!? THERES NEVER BEEN SUCH A MASSIVE BOMB IN THE MCU, TRULY AN UNPRECEDENTED FAILURE IN THE HISTORY OF CINEMA 

Can you quit it with this tired schtick already. It’s only Friday.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chaz said:

I liked Thor. 🤷‍♂️ Probably because Hemsworth has never been more jacked. I was picturing myself biting the pillow through the whole movie.

I think I found your review.  

So I had wine and I am very tired and so I am a bit tipsy but I saw the Thor movie so I thought I’d give my honest review.
Excuse typos because you know, wines.
sexy chris hemsworth GIF
Ok so I don’t know what the plot is or who is in it other than Chris Hemsworth and Chris Hemsworth’s magnificent holy abs. I don’t know what the dialogue or acting is like or whatever.
But like 1/3 of the way in Chris Hemsworth is going to fight a gorilla for some reason and he takes off his shirt and OMG LIKE I ACTUALLY GROANED LOUDLY.
He does not put his shirt back on for the whole movie.
And like The V. sweet mother Mary the V I am telling you. The v is worth $15. The V is worth so much I wanted to see the movie again straight afterward.
Did I say that he doesn’t put his shirt back on?
This is why I can’t tell you what the movie is about. Samuel l Jackson at one point is talking about something really important and it’s just white noise because Chris Hemsworth has the best body that ever existed.
I am basically exhausted from being in a constant state of arousal for the rest of the 2/3 of the film.
When he swings on stuff it’s slow mo and there are like all these long shorts of his muscles.
And like at one point he is wet. Like so wet. And I was like to my friend OMG and we were both like HE IS SO WET. And glistening with his chest and his abs and his arms and he’s all dirty and the V. THe V I am telling you.
Some stuff happens I don’t know. But the important thing to know is that he doesn’t put his shirt back on and he’s really wearing those pants.
And his eyes. He has such puppy dog eyes. If I was with Chris Hemsworth I would be like what’s wrong Chris Hemsworth because he always looks so sad. And then he would say – nothing because you’re my wife. And then we would bang.
There are many close ups of his sad eyes.
There is one sex scene that stops before anything properly happens which made me so angry I intend to write to the director to give him a pieces of my mind.
I mean why the fuck is this movie pg13. What mum is going to watch this movie with her kid. Nobody wants to sit with their teenage son while they’re imagining Chris Hemsworth diving into their lady parts.
I am furious.
But also very grateful. For this wonderful movie. That gave us Chris Hemsworth. He is a gift to the world. And I bet he is so nice.
And he is SO TALL.
Like this movie really shows his tallness.
Like so tall. That at one point he comes up behind whoever the actress was and I let out this like guttural noise like I was dying and the guy next to me gave me a filth look and I was like fuck you what are you even doing here.
Chris Hemsworth is Thor and he belongs to the women of the world.
I am an atheist but there is the point where he swings onto this other thing and catches his like “wife” (this is not a spoiler you’re not watching the movie for the plot ok) and like his muscles and his v and he’s so strong and tall and I actually like think I saw God?
So in short, definite Oscar worthy movie with just like amazing arms and imagine if your job was to put the dirt and blood on his arms? Imagine if that was your job. To just touch Chris Hemsworth all day. And he would flirt with you but not be gross. He would just be a total gentlemen and maybe you’d drop your make up brush and you’d both reach down and get it and he’d look at you with his sad eyes and you would be dead.
That would be it.
You would actually die.
But it would be worth it.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, excel1 said:

Thor's word of mouth is going to be a huge step down from Ragnarok.

It is much too short for everything it crams in and the tone feels all over the place. This is a huge letdown given the talent involved. 

like are you saying it's too short because it's two minutes short of two hours long? Or did you want a three hour movie?