kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Weekend Estimates | 120.5M SPIDER-MAN: ATSV | 40.6M TLM | 12.3M THE BOOGEYMAN | 10.2M GOTG III

2 hours ago, Shawn said:

If Spidey holds, that's probably 110-115 wknd. Won't be surprised if it goes up, but summer is here so project at your own caution. 

Isn't that pretty much what the original Spider-Man did on its opening weekend? That was when we all freaked out that a film broke 100 million dollars opening weekend.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So if Spider-verse 2 has better legs than GotG3 then it's just about has the domestic summer crown on lock. 

I wouldn’t count out Tom Cruise, especially after Top Gun last year

it is somehow june @WrathOfHan @Eric 2099

18x:

Oppenheimer: Nope Dolby, The Black Phone, Nope Round 2 IMAX, Bullet Train Dolby, Jaws Round 2 IMAX, Avatar Round 4 IMAX 3D, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 2 Dolby HFR48fps3D, The Pale Blue Eye, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 3 IMAX 3D, Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby HFR48fps3D Round 4, Knock at the Cabin Dolby, Close, 2022 Live-Action Oscar Shorts, Moving On, Inside, How to Blow Up a Pipeline Round 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, Fast X Dolby

15x:

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse: Sing 2 Dolby, Belle Round 2, Morbius Dolby, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Dolby, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 3 IMAX 3D, Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, Missing, 2022 Animated Shorts, Creed III IMAX, Creed III IMAX Round 2, Shazam! Fury of the Gods IMAX, Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves Dolby, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby, Suzume, The Little Mermaid IMAX

Transformers: Rise of the Beasts: Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby HFR48fps3D, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 2 Dolby HFR48fps3D, Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, Scream VI Dolby, Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves Dolby, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby, A Thousand and One, Suzume, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, Polite Society, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 3 IMAX, Evil Dead Rise, Fast X Dolby, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby

14x:

Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 2 Dolby HFR48fps3D, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 3 IMAX 3D, Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby HFR48fps3D Round 4, Knock at the Cabin Dolby, Magic Mike’s Last Dance Dolby, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania Dolby, Selfiee, Creed III IMAX Round 2, 65, Return of the Jedi

12x:

The Little Mermaid: Avatar Round 2 Dolby HFR48fps3D, Avatar Round 3 3D, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Dolby, Strange World, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 2 Dolby HFR48fps3D, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 3 IMAX 3D, Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby HFR48fps3D Round 4, 2022 Animated Oscar Shorts, Return of the Jedi, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 3 IMAX

Fast X: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania Dolby, Cocaine Bear, Creed III IMAX, Creed III IMAX Round 2, Shazam! Fury of the Gods IMAX, John Wick: Chapter 4 Dolby, Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves Dolby, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby, A Thousand and One, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, Sisu

9x:

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny: Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby HFR48fps3D, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania Dolby, Creed III IMAX, John Wick: Chapter 4 Dolby, Return of the Jedi, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 3 IMAX, Sisu, The Little Mermaid IMAX

8x:

Elemental: The Fabelmans, Strange World, Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby HFR48fps3D, 2022 Animated Oscar Shorts, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania Dolby, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby, Suzume, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby

7x:

Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One: Top Gun: Maverick Dolby, Jurassic World Dominion IMAX, Top Gun: Maverick Round 2, Elvis Dolby, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 3 IMAX 3D, Titanic Round 2 Dolby HFR48fps3D, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby

The Flash: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania Dolby, Shazam! Fury of the Gods IMAX, Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves Dolby, Evil Dead Rise, Fast X Dolby, The Little Mermaid IMAX, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby

5x:

The Marvels: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, Fast X Dolby, The Little Mermaid IMAX

Asteroid City: Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves Dolby, A Thousand and One, Polite Society, Venom Round 2, Book Club: The Next Chapter

4x;

The Blackening: Creed III IMAX Round 2, John Wick: Chapter 4 Dolby, John Wick: Chapter 4 Round 2, Sisu

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem: Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves Dolby, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby, The Little Mermaid IMAX, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby

3x:

Barbie: Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby HFR48fps3D, Magic Mike’s Last Dance Dolby, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby
Book Club: The Next Chapter: Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby, Polite Society Round 0
Strays: Cocaine Bear, Evil Dead Rise, Fast X Dolby
Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken: Suzume, Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby

2x:

Fantastic Four: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Adhira: RRR, RRR Round 2
Monica: The Lost King, A Thousand and One
About My Father: Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre, Somewhere in Queens
Blackberry: How to Blow Up a Pipeline Round 2, Joyland
No Hard Feelings: Scream VI Dolby, Fast X Dolby
Talk to Me: Fast X Dolby, Beau is Afraid
Sanctuary: How to Blow Up a Pipeline Round 2, BlackBerry
Trolls: Band Together: The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby
Gran Turismo: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby
White Bird: Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby

1x:

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes: Lightyear Dolby
MaXXXine: Pearl
The Tunnel of Summer, The Exit of Goodbyes: Skinamarink
The Machine: Moving On
It Ain’t Over: Moving On
Migration: The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby
Love Again: A Thousand and One
Fool’s Paradise: Somewhere in Queens
It Lives Inside: How to Blow Up a Pipeline Round 2
Knights of the Zodiac: Suzume
Dune: Part Two: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby
Every Body: Polite Society
Lonely Castle in the Mirror: Ponyo
Insidious: The Red Door: Evil Dead Rise
Blue Beetle: Evil Dead Rise
The Equalizer 3: Sisu
The Wrath of Becky: Sisu
Joy Ride: Sisu
Meg 2: The Trench: Fast X Dolby
Five Nights at Freddy’s: Fast X Dolby
Ordinary Angels: Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret
Wish: The Little Mermaid IMAX
The Boogeyman: BlackBerry
Mending the Line: BlackBerry

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Tbf if they didn't do that, Marvel wouldn't even exist.

Marvel barely got any money from that deal.

And what's wrong with putting an expiration date on the contract? 20 years is not long enough to get at least one studio to agree?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Yeah this is playing like Aladdin on steroids. 375M domestic.

Spiderverse ends up playing way closer to a CBM than I expected.

Great weekend for TLM.

and

great for Spideverse too but it will end up with lower end predictable side of  estimates.  

With 2 recent cbms doing 17m previews ,lows 100s OW. Same just happening for Spideverse  3rd time kind of takes out the excitement Abit.

Should leg out to 400m+ domestic.

The only movie left that I see making a billion is M17. So we could possibly have only one billion dollar film this year.

A few people here think Barbie will do 1 billion WW

8 hours ago, XXR 2099 said:

So an opening weekend in the 110-130 range and a domestic multiplier someone between 3-4. Good run. Closing this thread and moving on to next weekend!

Pretty much how I am feeling since yesterday. I need to love this film to have some revival of interest.

1 minute ago, across the Jat verse said:

Yeah it will be around 52. Boring. Next.

52 would lead it to the biggest opening this summer:)...I mean, that's not a small thing.

If it is, I think you've got a world of boredom coming the rest of June, unless you like bombs as much as breakouts...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

If it is, I think you've got a world of boredom coming the rest of June, unless you like bombs as much as breakouts...

Yeah bombs are plenty fun as well :)   

Unfortunately I am thinking only one bomb in June and rest doing kinda mid/okay/expected-ish. 125-130 for Spiderverse is the long expected number — it’s not un exciting per se but most of the excitement happened like 10 days ago 

42 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Marvel barely got any money from that deal.

And what's wrong with putting an expiration date on the contract? 20 years is not long enough to get at least one studio to agree?

Nah man, Marvel selling the rights is cited by like...everyone as saving Marvel. Yes it wasn't just Spider-Man but Spider-Man was easily the most valuable. Also no Studio would agree to a deal with an expiration date beyond the obvious failsafe clause of "Make a movie by this date".

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

52 would lead it to the biggest opening this summer:)...I mean, that's not a small thing.

Perhaps if it was surprising then that would have worked but its doing what presales have been showing for last month and before that I was expecting this to do this since first one released, so doesn’t exactly feel all that breakout vibes.

On other hand I am just disappointed by overseas performance so that feels sad + boring = uninteresting 

Edited by across the Jat verse
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, across the Jat verse said:

Pretty much how I am feeling since yesterday. I need to love this film to have some revival of interest.

As someone who does love this film and Guardians 3 seeing both do just ok relative to my expectation is really diminishing my interest lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Legions of the Galaxy said:

Yeah bombs are plenty fun as well :)   

Unfortunately I am thinking only one bomb in June and rest doing kinda mid/okay/expected-ish. 125-130 for Spiderverse is the long expected number — it’s not un exciting per se but most of the excitement happened like 10 days ago 

Only here...the trades still had $90M this morning, even after the $17.35M previews...

We got the breakout really right, and if $52M sticks, that should be a moment of pride, not boredom.  It should feel good, real good, with that nice glow of "yes, I was right:)"...

• Like 5

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Only here...the trades still had $90M this morning, even after the $17.35M previews...

We got the breakout really right, and if $52M sticks, that should be a moment of pride, not boredom.  It should feel good, real good, with that nice glow of "yes, I was right:)"...

Yeah unfortunately this movie had the dubious honor of releasing right after SMB broke out. This movie would have had to do ~150m to match breakout expectations imo

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cheddar Please said:

As someone who does love this film and Guardians 3 seeing both do just ok relative to my expectation is really diminishing my interest lol

I mean Thor 4, JWD, and DS2 all previously underperformed my expectations but at the very least all have the excuse of being below average movies. GOTG3 and ATSV were arguably about as good as they could possibly be yet neither of them were rewarded for their quality as much as they should be IMO

Edited by Cheddar Please