Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

On 5/6/2020 at 1:58 AM, WittyUsername said:

Are any of the X-Men movies even on Disney+? 

In Australia. From the x-men franchise only Logan and the 2 Deadpool films are missing. All 3 fantastic four films are on D+ here too. 

I should note all of the mcu films are excluding the Spiderman and hulk films.  interestingly the TV series are all there excluding agents of shield which has season 1. 

Just now, reddevil19 said:

Cool. Worth a watch then. :) 

Obviously if you're attached to some movies more than others, you'll like those episodes more, but that's true of pretty much every making-of documentary show. The one element the show does best is whenever the old cast and crew members get reunited with old props or costumes. Gives out all the feels

2 hours ago, Eric Atreides said:

Obviously if you're attached to some movies more than others, you'll like those episodes more, but that's true of pretty much every making-of documentary show. The one element the show does best is whenever the old cast and crew members get reunited with old props or costumes. Gives out all the feels

Sounds good. I expect any reality-based docu-series to rely on sentiment to a certain degree: any documentary that doesn't would be cold and uninteresting. My fear was that it would be nothing BUT that, so all good otherwise.

Thanks again, I'll definitely add it to the list.

2 hours ago, JJ-8 said:

In Australia. From the x-men franchise only Logan and the 2 Deadpool films are missing. All 3 fantastic four films are on D+ here too. 

I should note all of the mcu films are excluding the Spiderman and hulk films.  interestingly the TV series are all there excluding agents of shield which has season 1. 

UK doenst have 60s SpiderMan, but we do have 80s SpiderMan.

7 minutes ago, AJG said:

Im starting to think this movie might be incredible if they believe people will want to go outside to see it.

Yeah, I'm sure it's fant4stic

• Astonished 1

2 hours ago, AJG said:

Im starting to think this movie might be incredible if they believe people will want to go outside to see it.

I mean they never did the reshoots (aside from removing references to the X-Men) so its functionally the same version as the one Fox was going with from the start, aside from it sounds like Marvel Studios punched up the action sequences in editing

Edited by SpiderByte

4 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

New Mutants Still Planned For Theatrical Release

https://link.hollywoodreporter.com/view/518d565b191b2a646dbe685cc2amu.gah/fa16ddcb

I'll be first in line for the Thursday night previews when this finally shows up!

On 5/7/2020 at 12:56 PM, Eric Atreides said:

On 5/7/2020 at 3:26 PM, reddevil19 said:

Sounds good. I expect any reality-based docu-series to rely on sentiment to a certain degree: any documentary that doesn't would be cold and uninteresting. My fear was that it would be nothing BUT that, so all good otherwise.

Thanks again, I'll definitely add it to the list.

Indeed, the very first episode of Prop Culture is the Mary Poppins one. A fine movie, but one I've never terribly cared about all that much. But I was legit moved after watching that episode. To see the memories come flooding back for some of those folks, after more than 50 years, that alone was worth making this show.

But I thought the Nightmare Before Christmas one was damn cool. Danny Elfman showed up and they had all sorts of incredible props from the stop-motion filming.

• Like 2

At this point I think it'll be fun to all reflect back on our lives, and think about how much our lives have changed from the point this first trailer came out, to when the movie actually opens. 

• Like 2

Is there any honest to God reason for why they won’t just dump this thing to VoD at this point? I’ve heard people say that it’s because the Fox Marvel movies are contractually obligated to be released in theaters, but why would that be relevant at this point, if Disney now owns Fox and Marvel?

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1

I've seen some people saying the reason it's not released on VOD is due to the HBO deal, but that's horseshit because that only reflects Disney Plus and Hulu NOT buying it on sites like Amazon and Itunes.

And again, the HBO deal may only affect it if it's released theatrically. I mean, Universal has the HBO deal but all its direct-to-VOD movies go to Netflix.

Edited by Yandereprime101189

Maybe Disney knows they have the next billion-dollar hit on their hands. They know they're going to need something to make up for all their losses after all that's happened in 2020. New Mutants will do that for them, and then some. 

8 hours ago, DAJK said:

At this point I think it'll be fun to all reflect back on our lives, and think about how much our lives have changed from the point this first trailer came out, to when the movie actually opens. 

Personally, as curious as I am to actually see the thing, I kinda want this to turn into a running gag, like the Jimmy Kimmel Matt Damon one - Disney just puts a statement every 6 months saying "Oh, sorry, we ran out of space on our release schedule. Tentatively set for xx-xx-xx"

• Like 3