Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

14 hours ago, filmlover said:

Wait, this movie's original release date was nearly a year ago and was reportedly delayed for reshoots and they still haven't done them? lmao.

Jeff Sneider had an article up in March 2018 saying that the studio kinda handcuffed Boone in a way by making it PG 13 when his intentions were clear. Also said that the first test screening of the film scored as high as Deadpool did, when IT came out, they changed their minds and wanted Boone to amp up the scares and they supposedly let him do exactly that and make the version he had set out to do. 

We just haven't heard about reshoots knowing that some of the cast was busy on other things. Anyway, the film is apparently good, we'll see how good, very hopeful for this, it just got caught in the grinder of the merger and Fox not knowing what they wanted it seems before caving. 

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

So if they haven't started filming reshoots what the fuck have they been doing this last year

We don't know that they haven't, it's just been quiet. And they apparently did some as Sneider said that a certain actor was showing up as a certain character in a post credits scene of sorts but was replaced by another actor, so that must have been reshot. Or maybe the film is in the can, that happens, not usually to films like this but it does. 

10 minutes ago, Litio said:

This source is dubious. Disney+ will be a service for families. I'm not sure New Mutants is a family movie. Hulu, maybe.

You think Disney won't offer their Touchstone catalogue on their streaming service ?

I doubt it plus Deadpool won't say "Damn" instead of "Fuck" under the Disney regime either, Feige confirmed it.

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

You think Disney won't offer their Touchstone catalogue on their streaming service ?

I doubt it plus Deadpool won't say "Damn" instead of "Fuck" under the Disney regime either, Feige confirmed it.

I don't "think", it was reported:

Hulu will remain focused on general entertainment fare while Disney+ is laser-focused on family-friendly material. Iger said Disney intends to invest in Hulu and expand the service internationally just as it plans to make Disney+ a global service.

https://variety.com/2018/digital/news/disney-disney-streaming-service-launch-2019-1203023789/

• Thanks 1

Slightly off topic but with the Fox merger, are the only Marvel characters not owned by Disney-Marvel Hulk (Universal) and Spidey (Sony), or are there other deals still out there? I know a lot of rights were sold in the 90s.

14 minutes ago, nick64 said:

Slightly off topic but with the Fox merger, are the only Marvel characters not owned by Disney-Marvel Hulk (Universal) and Spidey (Sony), or are there other deals still out there? I know a lot of rights were sold in the 90s.

Just Spidey.

They own Hulk and Namor but the distribution rights are owned by Universal.

The Kingpin is split between Sony and Disney

Apparently Disney also own the rights to the 80's Howard the Duck movie.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, nick64 said:

That's pretty much it unless you consider Rom and the Micronauts, they're owned by Toy companies I think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morieris said:

Old news, and no, it's not a "dubious source" since they are simply quoting last week's Hollywood Reporter newsletter (a major Hollywood trade) (*Always follow the links!*)

But yes, reshoots seem unlikely, at this point...

1 hour ago, Litio said:

Disney won't release it in theaters because they don't know how to promote a movie like this. New Mutants could make The Nun numbers in hands of another distributor.

Wouldn't Fox be the ones promoting it? I'm pretty sure Fox is still gonna exist under Disney. 

4 hours ago, Orestes said:

That's pretty much it unless you consider Rom and the Micronauts, they're owned by Toy companies I think.

Micronauts probably has the messiest collection of rights issues of any of Marvel's old titles.  Hasbro has the rights to characters that were based purely on the toy line (like Baron Karza or Acroyer).  Marvel has the rights to any original characters they created for the comic (like Bug or Captain Universe).  And then the rights to some of the characters are essentially split (Marvel has the rights to Arcturus Rann but not his Space Glider persona that was based on one of the toys).

2 hours ago, Crossfire said:

Wouldn't Fox be the ones promoting it? I'm pretty sure Fox is still gonna exist under Disney. 

Fox has also had this movie in the can for over a year.  They had time for re-shoots if they wanted them.  That it's not been or being released theatrically is firmly on them. 

2 hours ago, Crossfire said:

17 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Fox has also had this movie in the can for over a year.  They had time for re-shoots if they wanted them.  That it's not been or being released theatrically is firmly on them. 

Shhhh you guys are ruining the Disney is baaaad narrative with your facts and logic. 

7 hours ago, Crossfire said:

5 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Fox doesn't know either. Their history with horror films is deplorable. And I was talking about the distributors which are not dead. Fox will work under Disney control and a lot of the Fox team will be fired. 

4 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Shhhh you guys are ruining the Disney is baaaad narrative with your facts and logic. 

:wintf: Where did you get that from? I just said that Disney doesn't know how to promote a film like this. Their specialty is family movies.