Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

11 minutes ago, That Floating Guy said:

JL might make that domestic number worldwide.  Might.

(okay I'm exaggerating)

Less than 600 Million? Don't do drugs, even the "lighter ones" because they are usually laced with somethings. As seen above :(

Personally I think it would be funny if WW ended up outgrossing JL. Wondy by herself can outgross a film when she's paired up with Batman and Flash etc. If the movie is sub-par, I would really want this to happen as it would hopefully teach studios that making a good movie is more important that just a brand name.

This could relate to It in the sense that yea, the movie is going to be big no matter what, but quality still matters when it comes to a movie's gross. Which is why EmpireCity's comments get me more excited than the deadline tracking.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Personally I think it would be funny if WW ended up outgrossing JL. Wondy by herself can outgross a film when she's paired up with Batman and Flash etc. If the movie is sub-par, I would really want this to happen as it would hopefully teach studios that making a good movie is more important that just a brand name.

This could relate to It in the sense that yea, the movie is going to be big no matter what, but quality still matters when it comes to a movie's gross. Which is why EmpireCity's comments get me more excited than the deadline tracking.

I've been saying it would happen for a decent while. the ingredients have been there. ( and I say this as someone who thinks Justice League looks like a blast)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

You got The Conjuring and Annabelle opening to 40m and some ya'll still think IT, one of the most hyped movies in recent memory is opening to only 50 :lol:

As long as the reviews aren't garbage (meaning well under 60%, meaning like 30-40% on RT) it should be smooth sailing to at least 60mil opening weekend. I'm probably going to raise my 75mil prediction slightly.

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Wonder if is s gonna work OS outside of the UK and the Common Wealth.

This clown cultural thing seems to be English speaking countries centric,  no ?

Unfortunately, this is what I'm afraid of: That it'll do spectacularly in a few countries, but tank everywhere else.

3 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Wonder if is s gonna work OS outside of the UK and the Common Wealth.

This clown cultural thing seems to be English speaking countries centric,  no ?

King adaptation never reached 60% oversea I think, I do not expect IT to do better than 55%. But stuff popular in the US tend to be more and more popular everywhere, with the Internet and all buzz travel, it could be able to pull close to 50% and double is giant domestic.

That said IT is one of those rare movie that should be successful from domestic alone.

Worldwide (Unadjusted)

Rank Title (click to view) Studio Worldwide Domestic / % Overseas / % Year
1 The Green Mile WB $286.8 $136.8 47.7% $150.0 52.3% 1999
2 1408 MGM/W $132.0 $72.0 54.5% $60.0 45.5% 2007
3 Secret Window Sony $92.9 $48.0 51.7% $44.9 48.3% 2004
4 Carrie (2013) SGem $84.8 $35.3 41.6% $49.5 58.4% 2013
5 Dreamcatcher WB $75.7 $33.7 44.5% $42.0 55.5% 2003
6 The Mist MGM/W $57.3 $25.6 44.7% $31.7 55.3% 2007
7 The Dark Tower Sony $53.6 $34.3 64% $19.3 36% 2017
8 Carrie UA $33.8 $33.8 100% n/a 0% 1976
9 Hearts in Atlantis WB $30.9 $24.2 78.2% $6.7 21.8% 2001
10 Stephen King's Riding the Bullet Inn. $135k $135k 100% n/a 0% 2004
11 Cell Saban n/a n/a - n/a - 2016
Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

Finally saw Annabelle and my goodness that clip. I didn't think I could get anymore hyped for this film. That was just flat out disturbing no jump scares pure creepiness and how good IT sounded. Me and my gf that is all we talked about on the ride home we haven't even given Annabelle a second thought. Now she wants to read the book cannot wait to see this. 

• Like 1

Damn, some of you guys are going high but I'm getting that Deadpool feeling too. It really does feel like an event and there's nothing to take away it's hype theaterwise now.

If reviews do say it's truly frightening and is faithful to the book, it's going to explode. Love hearing that it's getting positive word of mouth from people who've seen it but how it does on RT is anyones guess at this point.

• Like 1