A Marvel Fanboy

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World | Feb 22, 2019 | 12th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

5 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

I'm thinking Toothless will die in this one leaving behind some baby black dragons hence all the emotional stuff from that tweet about Spielberg.

I'm thinking the dragons will just leave our world behind. Him dying would be truly tragic.

• Like 3

That was a bad trailer, the scenes with lovestruck Toothless were all very cringey and it made it looks too similar to HTTYD2's plot minus the parent stuff. I hope the movie is better than this. If Toothless is dying though, I'm gonna cry even if it sucks.

Not a huge fan of the trailer. The plot just doesn't sound appealing to me on this one, and it does seem rather obvious just from the trailer that the dragons will probably all leave the humans by the end. The Toothless romance stuff was just a bit too kiddy and cringey in the trailer, aside from his dance at the end which did get a chuckle out of me. Not looking forward to sitting through all those scenes. Again though, this whole plot just doesn't really do it for me. Seems like the most derivative and generic story of any of the three, which is not what I would expect for a trilogy capper. Especially when the second did succeed fairly well in making the franchise feel like an animated epic. 

I didn't like the second one. This story seems like a retread of the things in the second one. It just doesn't seem to have the magic of the first one. I literally Lol'ed at a collider video claiming it could be the best animated trilogy, beating Toy Story.

I mean obviously the best animated movie trilogy is the Kizumonogatari trilogy.