Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Your MoviePass wasn't enough for your husbando in mother! :apocalypse: 

Yeah that's because Pacific Rim Uprising doesn't have annoying stans attached to it

Or any stans for that matter :sparta:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Why would he want to watch a failed OscarBait™ like mother!?

k

8 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Yeah that's because Pacific Rim Uprising doesn't have annoying stans attached to it

Or any stans for that matter :sparta:

tumblr_om4oy9b9ZZ1veogvqo1_400.gif

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It wouldn't surprise me if in every screenplay for movies of this ilk that the protagonist is named "Jake" as a temporary placement until they can think of a better name for them (or not).

Probably not. I'd love to proven wrong though. 

The globe-spanning conflict between otherworldly monsters of mass destruction and the human-piloted super-machines built to vanquish them was only a prelude to the all-out assault on humanity in Pacific Rim Uprising.John Boyega (Star Wars: The Force Awakens) stars as the rebellious Jake Pentecost, a once-promising Jaeger pilot whose legendary father gave his life to secure humanity’s victory against the monstrous “Kaiju.” Jake has since abandoned his training only to become caught up in a criminal underworld. But when an even more unstoppable threat is unleashed to tear through our cities and bring the world to its knees, he is given one last chance to live up to his father’s legacy by his estranged sister, Mako Mori (Rinko Kikuchi)—who is leading a brave new generation of pilots that have grown up in the shadow of war. As they seek justice for the fallen, their only hope is to unite together in a global uprising against the forces of extinction.Jake is joined by gifted rival pilot Lambert (The Fate of the Furious’ Scott Eastwood) and 15-year-old Jaeger hacker Amara (newcomer Cailee Spaeny), as the heroes of the PPDC become the only family he has left. Rising up to become the most powerful defense force to ever walk the earth, they will set course for a spectacular all-new adventure on a towering scale.Pacific Rim Uprising is directed by Steven S. DeKnight (Netflix’s Daredevil, STARZ’s Spartacus) and also stars Jing Tian, Burn Gorman, Adria Arjona and Charlie Day.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1442840

The only thing I'm worried about is the cgi looking too cartoony compared to the first. You know the budget was cut compared to the first.

Really looking to the trailer eliminating that fear.

Edited by Cookson

47 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

So Mako is back and Boyega is playing Elba's prodigal son and would be world savior. I gather that Hunam is one of the "fallen" killed off screen between films.

Pulling an Independence Day: Resurgence, basically? It would be a bullshit thing to do, but I am anticipating it.

3 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

Pulling an Independence Day: Resurgence, basically? It would be a bullshit thing to do, but I am anticipating it.

Hopefully they don't bring Rinko Kikuchi back for the sole purpose of killing her off after 30 seconds of screentime like Vivica A. Fox was in Independence Day 2.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Hopefully they don't bring Rinko Kikuchi back for the sole purpose of killing her off after 30 seconds of screentime like Vivica A. Fox was in Independence Day 2.

I was getting the sense she'd be more like the Idris Elba of the movie...maybe not as prominent...Im hoping that'd be cool character growth thing.  The student has become the master.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

I like the first one but it really didnt need to have a sequel. It also was not that profitable, so this film doesnt make much sense to me. Id be happy if its any good, but it just seems like another unnecessary, bad sequel. Woud love to be wrong ofc.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

The robots seem to have no sense of mass or scale. At least the first film had clunky type robots, that would be the case with things this size. 

This is my main concern with this film. You know the budget at max is like 100m for this. Worried the robots are going to look cartoony vs "clunky". The clunkyness is what I loved about the first one.

Edited by Cookson
  • Like 1