kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

On 5/1/2018 at 6:32 PM, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think The Lost World is the worst Jurassic movie. JP3 is stupid but at least it is entertaining. And Sam Neil is just a better lead in this series than Goldblum playing a toned down, not fun Ian Malcolm. 

Lost World as inexplicably unlikable characters irrespective of the length of the roles.

• Like 2

I really am getting the feeling that this'll be good. Or at least pretty decent. The idea of 'two movies in one' of sorts in terms of the supposed tonal shift is actually kind of appealing to me. And the story makes it look like it'll be fun.

I'll up my prediction to around 425M DOM

• Like 4

Even if this drops ~36% like Lost World did from Jurassic Park then it gets 418m. 

30-35% drop gives 424-457m.

20-25% drop gives 490-522m.

I hope it can make it to 450m, along with 300m in China and 750m OS-China for 1500m ww.

I feel confident of the quality of the film. I think the drop in multiplier won't be very big. 1st one did 3.12x and I think this can do 2.65-2.70x especially if the ow is not full swing znd shows a considerable drop from the first one. 170*2.65/2.70=450-460 would be nice.

Edited by A2k Raptor
typo fixed

4 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Boxoffice.com is only predicting $135m for it's opening weekend?? Seems very low. Millennials with kids will flock to this.

Wasn't JW a big walk up movie? It wasn't tracking anywhere near 200M and then shocked everyone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

Boxoffice.com is only predicting $135m for it's opening weekend?? Seems very low. Millennials with kids will flock to this.

135 is much closer to JW's 107 2nd weekend than it's 209 ow. Seems tough to believe that FK's ow will fall below the 158 mark which splits JW's 1st and 2nd weekends.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

So many Summer Games will go up in smoke if that 135M holds. 

I predicted 144m OW and 397 total in the game, so I'm on board with BO's projections. Been saying for months now the hype just isn't there for this. 

Edited by MovieMan89