kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

10 hours ago, Brainbug said:

The funny thing is, most people predicted something like 250-350M DOM for the first JW before it came out.

I mean, i created this (little bit) lunatic 500M DOM club for both this and Incredibles, so i gotta stick to it, even having seen the movie and thinking that it wont be getting the insanely good WOM of JW. But before we atleast have the Preview numbers, i will still believe it! :lol:

Damn, this sounds suspiciously like you throwing in the towel on this doing very well. Coming from you of all people...yikes. 

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Greater Sacramento Area Seat Report: T-10 Days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

15.88%

Total Seats Sold Today:      60

.2088x as many tickets sold as Infinity War 10 days before release. (IW had 19 more days of pre-sales)

.5282x as many tickets sold as Black Panther 10 days before release (BP had 16 more days of pre-sales) 

.5727x as many tickets sold as Deadpool 2  10 days before release (DP2 had one plus more days of pre-sales) 

.4828x as many tickets sold as Solo 10 days before release pre-sales (Solo had 20 days of pre-sales compared to JW:FK's 22 days of presales)

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Still only 96 reviews. 

I’m guessing the reviews that have still to be added are the websites and blogs that don’t get invited to proper critic screenings and have to wait til general release to see it? 

Depending on the studio (and also the critic) there are various press screenings leading up to a big movie release like this. I wouldn't be shocked if there are screenings for it throughout this week and next week leading up to the release domestically. 

But this movie also has special circumstances in that the international release date was so far ahead of the domestic release date (it also has international release dates scattered between) so the screenings are probably even more spread out than normal. 

Just now, Nova said:

Depending on the studio (and also the critic) there are various press screenings leading up to a big movie release like this. I wouldn't be shocked if there are screenings for it throughout this week and next week leading up to the release domestically. 

But this movie also has special circumstances in that the international release date was so far ahead of the domestic release date (it also has international release dates scattered between) so the screenings are probably even more spread out than normal. 

Yeh just strange that the Youtubers were invited to a screening a week ago. 

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Still only 96 reviews. 

I’m guessing the reviews that have still to be added are the websites and blogs that don’t get invited to proper critic screenings and have to wait til general release to see it? 

Most U.S. newspapers and magazines won't drop their reviews until Wed the week it opens.  Other sites also aren't going to put them out earlier than U.S, opening week when focus is on another big movie opening

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Damn, this sounds suspiciously like you throwing in the towel on this doing very well. Coming from you of all people...yikes. 

Nah, i still think 400M+ is basically ensured, but ive seen the movie after all. And it just doesnt have the killer ending of JW, which i think was one of the main reasons why JW got so much great WOM.

13 hours ago, John Marston said:

Yeah I was using dollars from a 30m to 20m opening 

£1 is currently around $1.30, back in 2015 £1 was around $1.60. Since Brexit (around May 2016) dollar to dollar comparisons are really not accurate as it has changed so much.

10 hours ago, John Marston said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pcgamesn.com/jurassic-world-evolution/jurassic-world-evolution-review-round-up%3famp

Jurassic World Evolution is getting solid reviews with the exception of IGN who hated it 

Oh shit completely forgot that was coming! Think that comes out today?

Edited by Ranger Tree

Jurassic World wasn't very good but I enjoyed this one. 

Then again, I don't seem to tally up with the supposed GA on blockbusters these days. 

What more do you really want from a film like this? Actually, I'm sure there are a lot of things, BUT, *incoming unpopular opinion* no film in this series has ever gone there. The original Jurassic Park and Jurassic World, which I assume are the 2 most well received certainly did not. If anything, it's nostalgia driven that the original was any good. It's the same as pretty much every other disaster movie. 

• Astonished 1

15 hours ago, Firepower said:

They were critic-proof until GA started vomiting after watching them. If you feed your audience piece of shit after piece of shit, they'll stop watching them, sooner or later. That's what happened with Transformers, Pirates, Star Wars, DCEU and many other franchises. Average Joe is patient, but even his patience has its limits. JW:FK was a colossal piece of shit, so I won't be surprised if JW3 will drop like a rock from it and let's see how this one will drop from the first JW.

Didn't stop MCU from doing great. 

You can't judge JW: FK and the rest of those franchises on one scale and the beloved MCU & whatever on another. This film does absolutely nothing wrong that other popular franchises did not already do. 

Transformers & Pirates just went too far. Technically their 3rd outings were respectable if disappointing box office wise. 

Nothing is wrong with Star Wars really. It's just that no one wanted a stupid cash grab Solo and many of the other idiotic ideas being cooked up at Disney with regards to spin-offs. 

Can't speak for DC since I missed too many of their movies but as "shit" as posters on here want to claim the TF, POTC etc. franchises are, they were enjoyed by the GA much more than perhaps any of the DCU bar WW. 

Anyway, not the franchise wars thread, but spare me the hypocrisy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, BK007 said:

Didn't stop MCU from doing great. 

You might not personally like the MCU movies and you are free to think the films are "piece of shit after piece of shit" (I don't even disagree with you) but that clearly is not how the audience responded to the movies as most of the audience enjoyed most of the MCU films. Not the case with certain other franchises like Pirates and Transformers which did have several films which were not well received. 

1 hour ago, BK007 said:

Jurassic World wasn't very good but I enjoyed this one. 

Then again, I don't seem to tally up with the supposed GA on blockbusters these days. 

What more do you really want from a film like this? Actually, I'm sure there are a lot of things, BUT, *incoming unpopular opinion* no film in this series has ever gone there. The original Jurassic Park and Jurassic World, which I assume are the 2 most well received certainly did not. If anything, it's nostalgia driven that the original was any good. It's the same as pretty much every other disaster movie. 

A decent plot? Memorable characters that aren’t just stereotypes? 

Christ, even the lawyer in Jurassic Park had better characterisation than any of the cardboard cut outs in Fallen Kingdom...

The difference in quality between JP and FK is massive, FK is a mind numbing action film, JP is much more than that, and it deserves a sequel that doesn’t seem content to just do the bare minimum and appease modern audiences with nothing but “Oooooh dinosaurs!”.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BK007 said:

If anything, it's nostalgia driven that the original was any good. 

Nope. JP remains an incredibly lean piece of storytelling that perfectly balances awe and horror. It also knew that it needed compelling humans as well as cool dinosaurs, which is why it's the only universally liked entry in the whole series. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Nope. JP remains an incredibly lean piece of storytelling that perfectly balances awe and horror. It also knew that it needed compelling humans as well as cool dinosaurs, which is why it's the only universally liked entry in the whole series. 

in addition to Jurassic World which got a 3 multiplier and had audiences flocking to see it over and over. I mean I am not saying it is a perfect movie but it is clear most people liked it

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

This. There are 3 major elements in a blockbuster movie, the first two apply to ALL movies: story, characters/characterization, and action/special effects. Most blockbusters do not have strong/believable/inspiring stories, therefore it is the tangible, relatable and memorable characters that elevate a blockbuster above mediocrity. E.g. Star Wars OT excelled in all three, Prequels mostly lacked in characters.

A blockbuster that is poor in story and characters but good in actions/SFx are like MTV or video montage, good for a viewing or two but lacks rewatchablity and ages poorly.

• Like 1