kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

The original trilogy had a lot of CGI too, but it had the perfect balance between practical and computer effects. I mean this:

NmP1lyl.png

vs

cLy51WP.png

Which looks like crap not only by modern CGI standards, but even by video-game standards.

I don't understand how people are okay with this, this is just unacceptable. And the same stuff with the script quality, they just don't care, people will eat this shit anyway, no matter how bad it is.

that animatronic in the first image was designed by the legendary Stan Winston, who sadly is no longer with us

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

There were a couple of scenes which did look bad in terms of CGI, more accurately a couple of shots, but those were minor enough. Thinking on it, my biggest issue with the movie is the tonal whiplash and how the movie seems to jump between like 4-5 different tones every minute almost in the 3rd act.

There was a noticeable moment toward the end where one of the characters makes a quip, something completely normal in a summer blockbuster, and when the audience laughed I realised that there had been no lighthearted jokes for the entire film.

CGI is such a fact of life for blockbusters it's almost impossible to be impressed by it. You now only notice CGI when it's badly done. 

I recall JW had a couple of dodgy moments though, particularly that close-up scene of the raptor's head in vice cage. It looked absolute gash.

CGI in Fallen Kingdom is fine/good, sometimes even very good, and animatronic models (lying Blue and T-Rex) are terrific. Dinosaurs looks much better than in the first JW. But of course, nothing come close to Stan Winston puppets (and IL&M T-Rexes from the first two films, which are still one of the best CGI of all time).

This CG-shot is unbeatable, 100% photo-realism (there's plenty of them i TLW)

giphy.gif

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Firepower said:

The studio doesn't matter, the team does. They did a terrible job, the difference in quality between JW/JW:FK and JP trilogy is HUGE, they probably used the worst team in the studio, maybe because they are cheap. And this:

e2504a3271d0200a4d61c25a132480f5e898ed27

is Asylum level stuff, it looks so bad, that's embarassing.

You must not see many Asylum films.

These are from Asylum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0FsyBlZtkk

So, no, that image doesn't look like any of these film's special effects shots.

3 hours ago, Firepower said:

The original trilogy had a lot of CGI too, but it had the perfect balance between practical and computer effects. I mean this:

NmP1lyl.png

vs

cLy51WP.png

Which looks like crap not only by modern CGI standards, but even by video-game standards.

I don't understand how people are okay with this, this is just unacceptable. And the same stuff with the script quality, they just don't care, people will eat this shit anyway, no matter how bad it is.

Well basically people that “liked” this film say “terrible story, full of stupid moments , worse than the first.....but I loved it”. Not much to argue about, we are in transformers territory now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Just wanna say one thing: If someone says the special effects of a movie are on Asylum-level, chances are very high, this someone has never actually seen an asylum movie.

I have though. Look at this:

tumblr_mxgoum79sj1r93xiko1_500.gif

Saying Fallen Kingdom (which has the best CGI since the first film by far) is anywhere near that level has simply not a clue whatsoever about special effects.

Holy shit! That looks like the Dino scene in Fallen Kingdom where the Dinos team up and launch themselves in the sky! 

Mind you I've never watched Asylum or Fallen Kingdom so take my opinion with a grain of salt but I promise you it's similar :ph34r:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Saying Fallen Kingdom (which has the best CGI since the first film by far) is anywhere near that level has simply not a clue whatsoever about special effects.

The person who directly admits that he loves shit has no clue about movies, including special effects. There are many Indoraptor scenes with CGI on the level that's very close to the Asylum stuff you and Yandereprime101189 posted. And no, visual effects here are not better than JP/JP2/JP3, unless you like decade old video-game graphics more than realistic effects.

This:

giphy.gif&key=e0a289d98af59a615773503ac1

tumblr_o7sowtqhhb1szd2g3o1_400.gif

giphy.gif

Poor-Eddie-jurassic-park-39989879-500-27

looks much better than this:

anigif_sub-buzz-8624-1517855441-7.gif

latest?cb=20150918060818

giphy.gif

tumblr_p7e1u0Gz8p1ufnwh1o1_500.gif

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh you can’t argue with the CGI in this film. It succeeds in making you completely forget that the dinosaurs obviously aren’t really there. It’s seamless. 

If you really think that this:

cLy51WP.png

looks any close to photorealistic or seamless, then I have very bad news for you. It doesn't look good even by video-game standards. You haven't watched many movies, have you?

Edited by Firepower

37 minutes ago, Firepower said:

The person who directly admits that he loves shit has no clue about movies, including special effects. There are many Indoraptor scenes with CGI on the level that's very close to the Asylum stuff you and Yandereprime101189 posted. And no, visual effects here are not better than JP/JP2/JP3, unless you like decade old video-game graphics more than realistic effects.

If you really think that this:

cLy51WP.png

looks any close to photorealistic or seamless, then I have very bad news for you. It doesn't look good even by video-game standards. You haven't watched many movies, have you?

11834856-man-zeigt-mittelfinger-isoliert

• Haha 1

June 12, 2018
Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard play Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn again with pleasant results... [Full Review in Spanish]
Full Review | Original Score: 4/5

OK, let's step away from the VFX Dinos for a moment because ....

Chris Pratt as Cary Grant.

:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

8 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Geezus firepower shut the fuck up. You lost all credibility with your Asylum horseshit

I didnt want to use such harsh words but yeah...this right here.

• Disbelief 1

16 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Geezus firepower shut the fuck up. You lost all credibility with your Asylum horseshit

Thank you. Finally someone with a brain and knowledge. 🧐

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I didnt want to use such harsh words but yeah...this right here.

I third that as well.