kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

3 hours ago, Ranger Tree said:

You will understand when you watch the film. Can't explain without spoilers. I am not talking about dialogue or certain points in the film when I say "this script", I mean the entire premise and idea behind most of the film. None of it is revealed in the trailers fyi, the trailers would have you believe the film is about saving dinosaurs from the island. Spoiler alert - it's not.

If you want to be spoiled and understand then you can PM me or make a post in the review thread or maybe just read the Wikipedia plot summary I dunno.

I’m pretty sure the second trailer revealed the movie wasn’t about saving the dinosaurs from the island.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Greater Sacramento Area Seat Report: T-9 Days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

15.76%

======

IMPORTANT NOTE:::::::

At some point in the last week plus, JW2 was added to two more theaters locally.  One of them is non-reserved and thus not being tracked on the seat counter (though it is on the showings counter).  The other is a reserved seating theater with six showings.  It had 718 more reserved seats added and... 26 seats sold at the time I caught it.  These numbers will be in a separate section below for today ONLY.

======

Theaters Added to Count Today:                        2

Seats Added to Count From Those Theaters:  718

Seats Already Sold Before Daily Count:             26

-----

Total Showings Added Today:      4

Total Seats Added Today:         432

Total Seats Sold Today:              83

-----

Total Seats Added to Report:          718 + 432 = 1150

Total Seats Sold Added to Report:         26 + 83 = 109

.2170x as many tickets sold as Infinity War 9 days before release. (IW had 19 more days of pre-sales)

.5413x as many tickets sold as Black Panther 9 days before release (BP had 16 more days of pre-sales) 

.5795x as many tickets sold as Deadpool 2  9 days before release (DP2 had one plus more days of pre-sales) 

.5023x as many tickets sold as Solo 9 days before release pre-sales (Solo had 20 days of pre-sales compared to JW:FK's 22 days of presales)

10 hours ago, DMan7 said:

For those who have seen FK, is there a comparable scene to the above in it?

There's plenty of more stupid moments in the first Jurassic World. :P

JP3 is fine. Nothing great, but it's short, decent animal thriller and Alan Grant spin-off. JW:FK was much worse too me, cause they add some stuff to the first JP which they shouldn't do (everything with Lockwood). It's not only bad written, not smart film, but also its try to interfere with the original, which is bigger sin than this one stupid dream sequence from JP3. But hey, that's just me.

Jurassic Park III - 5+/10

Fallen Kingdom - 3/10

9 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Also, funny story, the people who do the effects in World and Fallen Kingdom ARE THE EXACT SAME STUDIO THAT DID THEM FOR THE PREVIOUS  JURASSIC PARK FILMS, ILM.

The studio doesn't matter, the team does. They did a terrible job, the difference in quality between JW/JW:FK and JP trilogy is HUGE, they probably used the worst team in the studio, maybe because they are cheap. And this:

e2504a3271d0200a4d61c25a132480f5e898ed27

is Asylum level stuff, it looks so bad, that's embarassing.

43 minutes ago, Juby said:

JP3 is fine. Nothing great, but it's short, decent animal thriller and Alan Grant spin-off. JW:FK was much worse too me, cause they add some stuff to the first JP which they shouldn't do (everything with Lockwood). It's not only bad written, not smart film, but also its try to interfere with the original, which is bigger sin than this one stupid dream sequence from JP3. But hey, that's just me.

Agree.

the effects are fine. there was I admit one scene where a dinosaur moves past and characters are in front of it looking at it - and it is so clearly a green screen and CGI dinosaur and it looks pretty bad. apart from that no complaints. Obviously the effects are not as good as the original films because its CGI not models but I dont see any reason to take issue with it.

The original trilogy had a lot of CGI too, but it had the perfect balance between practical and computer effects. I mean this:

NmP1lyl.png

vs

cLy51WP.png

Which looks like crap not only by modern CGI standards, but even by video-game standards.

I don't understand how people are okay with this, this is just unacceptable. And the same stuff with the script quality, they just don't care, people will eat this shit anyway, no matter how bad it is.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Firepower said:

The original trilogy had a lot of CGI too, but it had the perfect balance between practical and computer effects. I mean this:

NmP1lyl.png

vs

cLy51WP.png

I don't understand how people are okay with this, this is just unacceptable. And the same stuff with the script quality, they just don't care, people will eat this shit anyway, no matter how bad it is.

That's a slightly unfair comparison as you're comparing action vs not action. There are plenty of parts in JWFK that feel much more realistic. but if you're just whining about CGI generally then I agree with you but honestly the world has changed and physical effects have simply died off. I look forward to see you moaning in all future science fiction and superhero movie threads too.

11 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

That's a slightly unfair comparison as you're comparing action vs not action. There are plenty of parts in JWFK that feel much more realistic. but if you're just whining about CGI generally then I agree with you but honestly the world has changed and physical effects have simply died off. I look forward to see you moaning in all future science fiction and superhero movie threads too.

Action stuff doesn't look better than the original trilogy in many parts too. That's the problem, I already saw much better visual effects in this franchise decades ago and when I see a "sequel" with much bigger budget many years later, I expect its visuals to be at least as good, but actually even better, not somehow much worse. There's no excuse why they can't use more physical effects, just because it's not a trend. And practical effects they used in JW:FK didn't look good. I wouldn't moan about other sci-fi and superhero movies (maybe besides Spider Man 2 vs Homecoming) because of that reason.

Edited by Firepower

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

The studio doesn't matter, the team does. They did a terrible job, the difference in quality between JW/JW:FK and JP trilogy is HUGE, they probably used the worst team in the studio, maybe because they are cheap. And this:

e2504a3271d0200a4d61c25a132480f5e898ed27

is Asylum level stuff, it looks so bad, that's embarassing.

Agree.

Saying “Asylum level stuff” immediately makes me not take you seriously 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Saying “Asylum level stuff” immediately makes me not take you seriously 

Eh....Firepower wasn’t to be taken seriously to begin with. He only does it just to desperately be right in a factual manners...when clearly he forgot that it’s all opinion-based. Thinking we are so dumber than him for defending movies he truly hates. 😑

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Just wanna say one thing: If someone says the special effects of a movie are on Asylum-level, chances are very high, this someone has never actually seen an asylum movie.

I have though. Look at this:

tumblr_mxgoum79sj1r93xiko1_500.gif

Saying Fallen Kingdom (which has the best CGI since the first film by far) is anywhere near that level has simply not a clue whatsoever about special effects.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh you can’t argue with the CGI in this film. 

It succeeds in making you completely forget that the dinosaurs obviously aren’t really there. It’s seamless. 

There were a couple of scenes which did look bad in terms of CGI, more accurately a couple of shots, but those were minor enough. Thinking on it, my biggest issue with the movie is the tonal whiplash and how the movie seems to jump between like 4-5 different tones every minute almost in the 3rd act.