Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

5 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Angel spoke more to the adult demographic than Buffy did.

Yea but I think that had more to do with Angel coming about later on in the series. Like when Buffy first starts they’re all in high school and then when Angel begins that’s when they (the Scooby gang) get to college. I think the issue with Buffy became in trying to retain that same demographic that was watching the show while also allowing the characters to mature/grow. But I think that’s an issue that happens with any TV show that’s set in high school and tries to progress past that stage 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Thanks. I did find stuff about that but I figured that was old news. What I'm confused about is these supposed claims that just came out today.

Depp’s legal team said all the way back in September that they would be submitting evidence that would prove that Depp was the victim of violent abuse by Amber Heard, and about a week ago, a photo of Depp with a bruised face was shown online, and today, there was apparently a picture of his severed finger (which I wouldn’t recommend looking at if you’re squeamish). Not really anything we haven’t already been told about before, but a lot of people who were previously unaware of the allegations made by Johnny Depp’s legal team are now siding with him, which is quite the turnaround. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Nova said:

Yea but I think that had more to do with Angel coming about later on in the series. Like when Buffy first starts they’re all in high school and then when Angel begins that’s when they (the Scooby gang) get to college. I think the issue with Buffy became in trying to retain that same demographic that was watching the show while also allowing the characters to mature/grow. But I think that’s an issue that happens with any TV show that’s set in high school and tries to progress past that stage 

Mhm yeah that's why while I'm excited I'm also a tad nervous about the Veronica Mars revival as much of the appeal of Veronica Mars is that she was still in high school while being a PI. The 3rd season set in college was easily the worst though I suppose alot of it was due to CW restrictions. 

13 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The Batman vs TMNT looks decent but it's strange that WB/DC is happy to crossover with non DC characters but Marvel haven't done in 15 years

Wreck-It-Ralph could have genuinely been something special.

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

Ah, looks like it isn’t even new news, but from a several days old Depp filing. Given the lack of traction since then I’m going to file it away as unlikely to be credible.

If they have a fraction of the evidence they purport in the lawsuit it looks quite credible. 

https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/DeppHeard.pdf

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barnack said:

Not sure what the controversy is about, but I would have loved for Captain Marvel to have killed the notion that controversy matters.

Of course controversy matters, look at how much Captain Marvel made OW. Nicely done Disney, making ticket sales into a referendum on sexists everywhere (including bigoted Alita fans)

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 2

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

If they have a fraction of the evidence they purport in the lawsuit it looks quite credible. 

https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/DeppHeard.pdf

This they are talking video evidence of Heard not having any mark in the face the day after the alleged attack.

I guess how good of a make up job one can make to hide injury will become the trial central question.

36 minutes ago, Barnack said:

This they are talking video evidence of Heard not having any mark in the face the day after the alleged attack.

I guess how good of a make up job one can make to hide injury will become the trial central question. 

They also have the police report the night (which I recall being reported 3 years ago - so not new) and statements of multiple building staff and tenants.

That and there's the purported testimony during the divorce hearings and what was or wasn't said under oath.  It claims she "confessed under oath to a series of violent attacks on Mr. Depp."  Though during a quick read I didn't see a claim that she confessed under oath to lying about being physically attacked herself and there's always the context of any statements made.

Edited by TalismanRing

One thing I sincerely hope is that Depp’s legal team doesn’t provide photographic evidence that Amber Heard relieved herself on their bed. That was probably one of the weirdest things I’d ever had the misfortune of hearing about. 

https://variety.com/2019/tv/features/mike-hopkins-sony-pictures-television-strategy-1203160502/

The Sony team is in the midst of figuring out how best to exploit its intellectual property across the film and television groups. And not just for its crown jewel, “Spider-Man,” but also in areas where it has a potential competitive advantage, such as its access to IP from PlayStation and Sony Music.

That said, the studio is aware of its association with one of the most popular Marvel characters of all time. So look for more amazing adventures of the web-slinger to populate not just theaters but TV screens.

“We have the next seven or eight years laid out as to what we’re going to do with that asset, and that will not only be on the film side — it’ll be on the TV side,” says Vinciquerra. “Our television group will have its own set of characters from within that universe that we will seek to develop.”

Sony is essentially internally auditioning its more than 900 Spider-Man-adjacent characters, to which it has attached the moniker Sony’s Universe of Marvel Characters.

According to Hopkins, the team is “pretty far down the road in terms of working through which characters we think could be their own star of a series.”

“We’re developing a lot of Marvel-related content, and I think we’ll be out in the market very soon with something really, really big and transformational for us, because we’ve not done any shows with Marvel before, with Marvel IP,” says Hopkins. “So that’s a big piece of development that we’re onto.”

Hopkins anticipates a large volume of content. “I think we aspire to have several shows in a universe that we create that can pollinate between each other, and to working with a partner to make that happen.”

3 hours ago, RealLyre said:

so Depp was innocent all along? who would've known that allegations without proof would turn out to be wrong, what a plot twist! 

Hardly innocent. It's obvious they were just a shitty couple of toxic people, too busy doing drugs all the time. Waste of time imo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

https://variety.com/2019/tv/features/mike-hopkins-sony-pictures-television-strategy-1203160502/

The Sony team is in the midst of figuring out how best to exploit its intellectual property across the film and television groups. And not just for its crown jewel, “Spider-Man,” but also in areas where it has a potential competitive advantage, such as its access to IP from PlayStation and Sony Music.

That said, the studio is aware of its association with one of the most popular Marvel characters of all time. So look for more amazing adventures of the web-slinger to populate not just theaters but TV screens.

“We have the next seven or eight years laid out as to what we’re going to do with that asset, and that will not only be on the film side — it’ll be on the TV side,” says Vinciquerra. “Our television group will have its own set of characters from within that universe that we will seek to develop.”

Sony is essentially internally auditioning its more than 900 Spider-Man-adjacent characters, to which it has attached the moniker Sony’s Universe of Marvel Characters.

According to Hopkins, the team is “pretty far down the road in terms of working through which characters we think could be their own star of a series.”

“We’re developing a lot of Marvel-related content, and I think we’ll be out in the market very soon with something really, really big and transformational for us, because we’ve not done any shows with Marvel before, with Marvel IP,” says Hopkins. “So that’s a big piece of development that we’re onto.”

Hopkins anticipates a large volume of content. “I think we aspire to have several shows in a universe that we create that can pollinate between each other, and to working with a partner to make that happen.”

I need more PS4 DLCs to be honest. If they do that, they can have more money from me.

Edited by LaughingEvans

15 hours ago, TMP said:

Whedon to Russos is a pretty big glow up.

Community & Arrested Development >>> Buffy & Firefly

Hmmm, acc IMDb Arrested Development wasn't created by them, both brothers together having only directed 15 episodes, neither have any writer nor producing credits for that series

Community has nothing in its summary that's sounds new to me, no in a big way new approach.

I belief its a great series based on a fast skim over the reactions and here to see preference (in BOT), but its story does nothing for me.

The impact to/on later more famous writers, TV-series making, female leads in supernatural worlds,... I think Whedon's bigger.

But I also think he overdid himself in a big way during doing Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse more or less at the same time (varying which ones at the same time).

He did also work on print material during this and that....

I also think his behaviour and the fall out for it, the at home situation before they divorced, needing surgery whilst working on AoU, adding in between a Shakespeare movie, S.H.I.E.L.D,... might have cost him lots of energy. Postponing later projects to get back on horse.... might have been wiser

Not an excuse, only a theory why certain changes in creative things might have been so abrupt.

5 hours ago, RealLyre said:

so Depp was innocent all along? who would've known that allegations without proof would turn out to be wrong, what a plot twist!

He's not innocent and she proved he beat her, that's why when she sued him, he decided to settle and pay her millions.

• Knock It Off 1

40 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

He's not innocent and she proved he beat her, that's why when she sued him, he decided to settle and pay her millions.

No.  There was no law suit just a divorce proceeding since there was no pre-nup.

California is No Fault  50/50 community property state regardless of any spousal conduct. 

His earnings (minus debts) for the 15 months they were married were subject to a 50/50 split.  So were hers but hers were a fraction of his.   Hence the $7m

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Er.  When did Sony get the TV rights back for Spider-Man?