Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

8 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

sure i guess. i'm just saying there were a lot of scenes in the movie that felt like they'd be right at home in that setting. also the costumes didn't help. the suits for the whole Shazamily at the end looked kinda cheap. muscles looked weirdly fake. also gives that vibe to me.

Captain Marvel/Shazam is a pretty corny character to begin with, so it’s not exactly inappropriate that his movie would have some of that feel good sappiness. Frankly, I was surprised that the movie even went as dark as it did. I was expecting something that might as well have been PG, but it earned its PG-13 rating. 

Edited by WittyUsername

yeah i expected corniness, that's kinda what i was hoping for tbh i like that kinda stuff. the raimi spider-mans, the reeve supermans etc. shazam just didn't hit me in the right spot. i get that it worked for a lot of people but the levels were off for me. it just wasn't enough of anything. 

53 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

sure i guess. i'm just saying there were a lot of scenes in the movie that felt like they'd be right at home in that setting. also the costumes didn't help. the suits for the whole Shazamily at the end looked kinda cheap. muscles looked weirdly fake. also gives that vibe to me.

Oh the cheap vibe. Lol i guess that's correct.

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

the rules of economy will soon creep on Netflix and the like.

Probably even already occurred according to rumors:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/01/netflix-reportedly-getting-serious-about-viewership-for-big-projects.html

Been a while since their last announcement of a project that would have not worked in theater or redbox back in the days.

I like Martin Scorsese very much but I disagree with him. Maybe Marvel movies are not up to what he considers as Cinema but they are very humane and deeply emotional that's why people still keep coming to watch them. They are not Oscar worthy movies I understand but they don't have to be, their purpose is different. If we go by the definition of Scorsese's Cinema then how many movies will make it to theatre? How many would be profitable? Majority of the movies released won't be qualified as Cinema then what about people who like action movies, creature movies , monster movies , and many more. So Cinema is subjective if Marvel movies didn't connect with people the movies wouldn't have reached the heights they have and people wouldn't buy tickets.

• Like 1

Moderation Note:

I'm not sure a lot of our newer members understand the purpose of this thread.

Because many members proved over and over that they could not play nice, especially...in the CBM threads, we pretty much have disallowed the discussion of competing franchises in the movie threads.  So no DC talk in Marvel threads.... no Cameron talk in Star War threads and so forth.

@Plain Old Tele, (emphasis on the 'Old') created this thread as a place where members could [good naturedly]  compare, discuss, argue about the various franchises.  The goal was to move the divisive topics out of the individual movie threads by  providing a thread where the rules are a little more relaxed.

A quote from the original post of this thread.  (It's worth reading the whole post if you haven't)

On 4/9/2014 at 8:18 PM, Plain Old Tele said:

Consider this the official Marvel/DC argument thread. You want to talk about how brilliant the Feigian MCU is compared to the pathetic and confused Nolan-less DCCU? You want to talk about how his Majesty Christopher I crushes all these petty Marvel directors with his brilliance?

While we allow a little more freedom here... personal attacks are not allowed.  If the thread starts getting out of hand warnings will be issued.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just wanna know how the people who have worked with Marty and also have been in an MCU movies (including one of the main Avengers) feel about his comments and nothing else. Be funny if he made "must not have appeared in a Marvel movie" a prerequisite for casting going forward, especially as the pool of big name talent who haven't been in at least one of those movies continues to shrink every year.

1 hour ago, Nero said:

I like Martin Scorsese very much but I disagree with him. Maybe Marvel movies are not up to what he considers as Cinema but they are very humane and deeply emotional that's why people still keep coming to watch them. They are not Oscar worthy movies I understand but they don't have to be, their purpose is different. If we go by the definition of Scorsese's Cinema then how many movies will make it to theatre? How many would be profitable? Majority of the movies released won't be qualified as Cinema then what about people who like action movies, creature movies , monster movies , and many more. So Cinema is subjective if Marvel movies didn't connect with people the movies wouldn't have reached the heights they have and people wouldn't buy tickets.

He should have say bad marvel films are not cinema because there are plenty of genuine good film in the long running franchise. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I just wanna know how the people who have worked with Marty and also have been in an MCU movies (including one of the main Avengers) feel about his comments and nothing else. Be funny if he made "must not have appeared in a Marvel movie" a prerequisite for casting going forward, especially as the pool of big name talent who haven't been in at least one of those movies continues to shrink every year.

Marty bout to make a movie with Robert DeNiro in every role

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

He should have say bad marvel films are not cinema because there are plenty of genuine good film in the long running franchise. 

But the problem he hasn't watched all the Marvel movies so he is already judging it without watching them. Yes there are plenty of good to great movies which won't be considered a part of Cinema per se and in future there will be more no doubt about it... That is why Cinema is subjective as it should be. 

8 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Scorsese isn't wrong.   The fact that the most interesting and compelling character by far in the MCU is a giant purple CGI space alien villain voiced by Josh Brolin says a lot.  I actually genuinely like Infinity War because of that character, which is more than I can say for any other movie in that universe(endgame was a noticeble drop in quality/entertainment value because he's barely in it imo... still leagues better than trash like Avatar though).

Unfortunately the future of real cinema is gonna be on streaming platforms IMO.  On average the best of streaming/TV has been superior to the best of movies for years now.  Heres hoping the new LOTR series is the one to rule them all like Jackson's trilogy in the movieverse.

I like how you keep bringing up Avatar in every discussion to shit on it even though it's completely irrelevant to your point

Did James Cameron run over your cat or something?

Edited by Alexdube
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1