Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

48 minutes ago, Zatt was right said:

I’m aware of Alter, but he is not wrong there. Also aware of The Godfather’s box office prowess back then, but my 2 cents on this whole "thing" is right above. The world has changed. Cinema has changed, and it will keep changing and evolving. And that’s a good thing. This is no different than old timers claiming that the current music landscape is not music, which is hilariously wrong. Cinema is cinema, music is music, regardless of our nostalgia glasses or hearing aids.

“Cinema” will most likely be dead in the near future, outside of Marvel and whatever else Disney decides to milk. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Coppola agrees with Scorsese: he doesn't know who James Gunn is either.

In this era most have no idea who Coppola is. He was great 22+ years ago. Now he's basically invisible. Hence the bitter feelings. Can't say I blame him.

Kinda like a NFL great player from the 1970s saying NFL is trash now. Right or wrong few would even recognize the name or face of the person.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Do you know what rhetorical questions are? And I might've insulted you but I just don't really like people who are openly overt fans of a huge for-profit business and I said that as politely as I could. I don't think I'm gonna ever agree with those kinds of people so I'm just gonna block you instead of entertaining more of this. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

“Cinema” will most likely be dead in the near future, outside of Marvel and whatever else Disney decides to milk. 

There's still hope... There is another industry far, far away.

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Daniel Alter's a massive troll lmao, maybe it's best not to quote him. Also The Godfather was the biggest movie of all time when it opened, so I really don't get all this "he's bitter" complaints; his film was in the same position in 1972 that Endgame is in now

It's because people are failing to defend the mcu on the basis of quality (which the original quotes refer to) and instead are using box office as a measure of qaulity and as a defence.

Really sad. I think people should let it gooooo. Comicbooks have never been seen as true literature nor worth studying until really recently, and we have had Alan moore and Atwood on them. I don't know why people expect Hollywood elite to treat CBMs as the art they are. Art has always been for the elites. Not the ones who constantly challenge it.

Edited by The Chad DC
Lol walt disney wilding out again
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

8 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

God, all the people I’ve seen who are implying that Martin Scorsese is irrelevant or something are making me hope that The Irishman becomes a big hit. 

It's already a huge hit with critics, and I'd be very surprised if it's not a big awards player

9 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

God, all the people I’ve seen who are implying that Martin Scorsese is irrelevant or something are making me hope that The Irishman becomes a big hit. 

Can any Netflix film become a big hit though? Without a proper theatrical run, how do you measure if a film is a hit? Winning Oscars doesn't make something a hit. It's more a measure of quality. Typically, a hit is measured by box office. With a Netflix film, you already have a subscription, and you're just watching what is there.

Personally, I'll like The Irishman. It's my type of movie, so I know I'll enjoy it. But, even if lots of others like it as well, I'm not sure how it becomes a hit.

• Disbelief 1

26 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Only if Netflix releases the boxoffice data for their movies that release in cinemas. 

Edited by lorddemaxus

People raging and making effort posts over Scorsese and Coppola not liking cbms need to work on their insecurities imo.

the best stuff is gonna be almost exclusively on streaming platforms in 5 years and while I don’t have a problem with that(you have much more creative freedom) I can definitely see why old schoolers like Scorsese and Coppola who grew up with movie theaters would hate that