#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

So you guys have to remember that I live in a smaller town (I think around 40 000 people give or take) so we don't have a lot of movie's selling out and lines rarely stretch longer than our parking lot.

That being said, yesterday, we had people lining up for the 7:00 Star Wars yesterday at noon, then get mad at my manager when he showed up at box office that he didn't open the doors so they could use the washroom. I got there at 5:30, 90 minutes before it started, and there were already like 130 people all dressed up, who were all yelling and cheering at me when I showed up. I felt so cool cause I was "official" I got them all together for a group photo, then I had to use my "big boy voice" to tell them they cant rush in all at once when doors open and they can't ignite lightsabers during the movie.

• Like 6

Just now, Emperor Jajang said:

If the 130m+ OD holds u gotta think that 250m - 300m ow is in play here. Never thought I'd get to write that. Love it! Go Star Wars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

This is a very compelling question. I think given the goodwill here, $125M+ OW DOM is the floor. Should start marketing it soon, no?

I'm expecting a Super Bowl teaser and the first full trailer with Civil War.

Edited by Rman823

Man they weren't joking with the title of the film. A metaphor for the euphoria of Star Wars returning to the throne of pop culture. It was always there really, but it's being underlined definitively this weekend with this glorious new chapter. 

THE FORCE HAS AWOKEN. IT'S SHUT DOWN THAT DINOSAUR THEME PARK. 

In fact, it's probably sold out right now in the IMAX theatre in Jurassic World. Lol

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Emperor Jajang said:

If the 130m+ OD holds u gotta think that 250m - 300m ow is in play here. Never thought I'd get to write that. Love it! Go Star Wars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJohn could be correct. The force is strong with him. 

• Like 2