kayumanggi

CATS | DIGITAL FUR TECH TO LOSE 113.2M IN LITTER BOX | December 20, 2019 | #ReleaseTheButtholeCut

22 minutes ago, TMP said:

Sonic doesn't look boring though. It looks like a discount Jon Watts Spider-Man movie, but this shit looks like a chore to sit through

Nah, Jon Watts Spider-man movies were at least funny. Sonic looks like the Garfield and Smurfs movies. At least I know I laughed way more watching this (Naked Idris Elba turning into dust, Taylor Swift shaking her fake cat tits, James Corden hissing and licking his paws) than the Sonic who makes a witty remark every 5 seconds.

Also the first Sonic design > the new one

Edited by lorddemaxus

On 11/15/2019 at 1:45 PM, filmlover said:

I'm still waiting for someone to join here just to try and peddle a "Meryl Streep can't act" flop take into existence.

I lnow for sure that there are posters with that take on ActressWars, I mean AwardsWatch.

On 11/16/2019 at 1:43 AM, MikeQ said:

The song is good - I like it and the musicality of it. But as I was listening to it I kept thinking the song sounds awfully familiar, like I've already heard this before from Cats. I'm not very familiar with the musical/story of Cats, but I did some searching, and sure enough, to me, this song sounds like a close relative of 'Memory'. Musically, it almost feels like they wanted a song in a similar vein to Memory, but was new, so they could have an eligible original song for the Oscars.

Peace,

Mike

That's pretty much what they are doing. "Spirit" from the new version of Lion King also sounds a bit like "The Circle of Life" in parts. Predictable but I get the strategy, and sometimes a song being a pale Imitation of a better one in the past is enough for an Oscar anyway. "Writing's on the Wall" is widely viewed as similar yet inferior to "Skyfall" and it still won. It just depends on the competition for the year. 

58 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

People here can be so overdramatic. It looks stunning visually.

Well, you're not wrong.

stunning

[ stuhn-ing ]

adjective

causing, capable of causing, or liable to cause astonishment, bewilderment, or a loss of consciousness or strength: a stunning blow.
Edited by ViewerAnon
  • Haha 6

The amount of attention these trailers are getting and yet it’s probably gonna flop at the box office. But who knows! Maybe folks will want to see just how bad it is. I mean it’s why people stop and stare at car wrecks. Maybe CATS will get the same treatment this holiday season.