grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

2 hours ago, justvision said:

T1 is still in my top 10 action movies, and T2 in top 20. If the leak is true, I don't know how the Terminator fans would receive it, perhaps like TLJ to some SW fans?

T1 and T2 are one of my favorites movies of all time, both in my Top7. The leaks sound very risky and very dumb, I'm not even sure if this film can be better than Genisys now. :whosad: Well, hope dies last.

Edited by Juby

On 6/2/2019 at 3:00 PM, ThePhasmid said:

This series needs to embrace a distant utopian future where AI has taken over. This dystopian nonsense has been played out to a degree that has made the premise tired. Demolition Man is more prophetic at this point. GET WITH THE TIMES, TERMINATOR.

There are no humans on the planet if the AI (Skynet) has taken over and a utopia exists. The AI’s primary objective all along has been human eradication. Do you really think the AI evolves to the point where it no longer wants/needs to kill humans and the remaining human population agrees to a peaceful subjugation? 

On 6/2/2019 at 7:03 AM, Firepower said:

I have a question about visual effects, would be very appreciated if you answer.

Hide contents

Are Sarah, T-800 and John Connor digitally de-aged in the opening or they are just going to show their backs in slow motion without showing their faces? If former, does it look alright vfx-wise?

They're played by doubles who will be digitally aged to look like Linda, Edward, and Arnold. (It's actually Linda's voice, though.) 

Only one shot was finished, with Sarah looking over her shoulder at the ocean - it looked good, if a little digital in that normal de-aging way.

Edited by ViewerAnon
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Juby said:

T1 and T2 are one of my favorites movies of all time, both in my Top7. The leaks sound very risky and very dumb, I'm not even sure if this film can be better than Genisys now. :whosad: Well, hope dies last.

Genisys had felt like a cheesy TV movie, its the Alien Resurrection of the Terminator franchise on steroids with a plot so batshit convoluted its something of a minor miracle a big studio suit approved it.

Dark Fate can be really bad(which I think it looks) and still be much better than Genisys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Genisys had felt like a cheesy TV movie, its the Alien Resurrection of the Terminator franchise on steroids with a plot so batshit convoluted its something of a minor miracle a big studio suit approved it.

Dark Fate can be really bad(which I think it looks) and still be much better than Genisys.

The problem is, with the backing of Cameron, Dark Fate may likely be seen as more canon than Genisys. And if the leak is true, the subversion/choice of plots would cause much more upset or divisiveness among fans of this franchise, much like TLJ among SW fans. Genisys can be easily laughed away, but not Dark Fate.

7 hours ago, justvision said:

The problem is, with the backing of Cameron, Dark Fate may likely be seen as more canon than Genisys. And if the leak is true, the subversion/choice of plots would cause much more upset or divisiveness among fans of this franchise, much like TLJ among SW fans. Genisys can be easily laughed away, but not Dark Fate.

Box office wise,  TLJ still did very well.  (Mainstream audience and critics also generally approve the film.)

Star Wars 1-3 (which are loved by James Cameron) also caused so much upset/divisiveness among fans of this franchise, but those three films still   performed well in box office.

On 6/3/2019 at 6:08 AM, Pure Spirit said:

The movie details and plot have allegedly been leaked (Google it if you're curious). Impossible to know if they're accurate but they appear to be substantiated and not fake. I don't care about spoilers (I knew the Titanic was gonna sink, and Avatar had its entire plot in the trailer). Hard to judge the leaks without seeing the movie but they don't make the movie look great, although the leakers themselves said the movie was really solid.

I guess it will receive TLJ-liked reaction ( hated by some franchise fans, but generally approved by mainstream audience and critics.)

Edited by John2015

13 hours ago, LonePirate said:

There are no humans on the planet if the AI (Skynet) has taken over and a utopia exists. The AI’s primary objective all along has been human eradication. Do you really think the AI evolves to the point where it no longer wants/needs to kill humans and the remaining human population agrees to a peaceful subjugation? 

But the AI will need banks of humans as batteries to generate electricity. 

• Haha 1

On 6/4/2019 at 2:58 AM, John2015 said:

Box office wise,  TLJ still did very well.  (Mainstream audience and critics also generally approve the film.)

Star Wars 1-3 (which are loved by James Cameron) also caused so much upset/divisiveness among fans of this franchise, but those three films still   performed well in box office.

The Last Jedi plummeted 35% in box office from the movie 2 years prior and heavily divided the fan base. Critics like it but it was absolutely not what the box office result they wanted after TFA.

Schwarzenegger: You will see it. But I don’t want to get too much into that at this point. I think the studio has learned from the last time that they gave too much away of the story, so they want to keep it more under wraps this time around. What I will say is I play a great T-800 again and it was fun to have Linda Hamilton back. The new team was willing to do the work in preparing. They worked their asses off in the gym, I helped them with their training, a lot of them. I was happy the trailer that came out had a huge impact and people responded positively.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Could someone write to Arnold to change his internet? Because he obviously don't know what he's talking about. :wacko:

Positively :sarah:

1 hour ago, Juby said:

Schwarzenegger: --snipped--I was happy the trailer that came out had a huge impact and people responded positively.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Could someone write to Arnold to change his internet? Because he obviously don't know what he's talking about. :wacko:

Nah, he is being genuinely in-character in the multiple timelines/reboots/alternative realities of the franchise. 🙂

Edited by justvision

6 hours ago, Juby said:

Schwarzenegger: You will see it. But I don’t want to get too much into that at this point. I think the studio has learned from the last time that they gave too much away of the story, so they want to keep it more under wraps this time around. What I will say is I play a great T-800 again and it was fun to have Linda Hamilton back. The new team was willing to do the work in preparing. They worked their asses off in the gym, I helped them with their training, a lot of them. I was happy the trailer that came out had a huge impact and people responded positively.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Only because you can link 3 bad youtube videos here doesnt mean the trailer wasnt received positively overall.