Alli

Weekend thread: GOTG2 63 m | Snatched 17.5 mi | King Arthur 14.7 m

Around what I expected for King Arthur, but I'm surprised at the sub-$20 million debut for Snatched. With Mother's Day and no real competition, a decent marketing campaign should have at least gotten a debut similar to The Boss last year. May not even reach $45 million DOM if WOM is bad. King Arthur may barely hit $30 million DOM.

Good thing Alien, Baywatch and POTC5 should all put up solid numbers.

GotG Vol. 2 held as expected. I still expect it to rebound next weekend. It should have a stronger hold than CW did and could even narrowly edge out its 3rd weekend gross ($33-35 million). I also think double-features with Pirates 5 should help its Memorial Day hold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

I don't know about that.  The movie isn't any good and is not funny enough to pull off a 21 Jump Street type self mocking. Paramount knows they have issues with it and isn't tracking well.  

It has The Rock though, I'm thinking central intelligence numbers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

I don't know about that.  The movie isn't any good and is not funny enough to pull off a 21 Jump Street type self mocking. Paramount knows they have issues with it and isn't tracking well.  

So Sneider and Wells were wrong. :/

53 minutes ago, a2knet said:

In defense of Guy Ritchie:

MAN FROM UNCLE had a great 3.39x multiplier [13.4 OW and 45.45 Dom]. 

So got to give Ritchie credit for that (7.3/10 on imdb, fresh for critics and audience on RT).

Didn't the director do his job well if a movie has those legs?

That was a great movie

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

So based on Friday #s Guardians looking at about 60M, Arthur at 14M and Snatched at 16M then. Did Deadline even do an update last night, got tired of waiting and just went to sleep instead.

Toldja 35M was impossible :redcapes: