Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

1 minute ago, efialtes76 said:

Man of Steel midnights were $9M.

$12M were from Walmart screenings.

$9M+$34M=$43M OD(without Wallmart)

I know.  But looking at multiplier I don't count Walmart (especially sicne we don't even know how many tickets were actually used).  So I count from the Midnights and what then skews the w/e is that Sunday was flat for Father's Day instead of dropping $10m+

25 minutes ago, Nova said:

NBA finals game 1 was down 5% from last year so while I do believe it had an effect, I don't think it had as big as an effect as most folks on here were talking about. Especially because by the third quarter, the game was a blowout. 

The 3rd quarter is past 11pm on the east coast. Game didn't start until after 9pm. If you committed to watching the game, like I did then it was impossible to see Wonder Woman.

4 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

Either that person is high off his mind or you misread it because there is no way in hell CU is making 20-22 mil on FRIDAY.

It says it "will open to 3,434 theaters on Friday with an eye on 20-22m". To me that makes it sound like that's what it will do on Friday considering it says Friday

1 minute ago, cheesypoofs said:

It says it "will open to 3,434 theaters on Friday with an eye on 20-22m". To me that makes it sound like that's what it will do on Friday considering it says Friday

Could be wording, but I don't think that's the intent.

I just don't see CU making that much on a Friday, nope, nope, nope.

Edited by UNDERDOG

Just now, UNDERDOG said:

Could be wording, but I don't think that's the intent.

I just don't see this making that much on a Friday, nope, nope, nope.

CU could bag in $10M-$15M on Friday though if matinees are as good as WrathOfHan said.

• Like 1

Just now, cheesypoofs said:

No an eye to the w/e.  Right now it's still their w/e guess from tracking.  They don't have Friday numbers just as they don't for WW and have no new projection for that either - just reused their taking points from yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Guess they pay animators peanuts in Canada... 

Or they don't pay them at all #SausageParty

Anyhow, 11M is perfectly good for Wonder Woman. W/a June opening, shouldn't be too hard for a multiplier just enough to reach 100M (will be disappointed if it doesn't, given all the indicators that it will reach that high + my desire to see it succeed, but something in the 90's will still be worth it).

• Like 1

Just now, Johnny Tran said:

The 3rd quarter is past 11pm on the east coast. Game didn't start until after 9pm. If you committed to watching the game, like I did then it was impossible to see Wonder Woman.

I live on the East coast. I watched Wonder Woman. And I watched the game. I understand that I'm not like everyone else. But what I was saying is that there was all this talk about 25 million plus folks watching the game when in reality the figure was closer to 18 million. That's a lot of folks for sure....but I just don't think it's enough to talk about it having this big effect on the preview number. 

Just my opinion though. 

5 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Which would also explain the higher than usual attendance from women compared to men.