That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

this was awesome. starts off a little slow in the first act but once it takes off it goes crazy good. especially those last 40 minutes which were totally insane. the kids were in it in a bigger portion than I expected which was really nice. Bill Hader stole the show. 8/10

they really upped their budget with this one and it shows :rock:

I think it will connect well with the GA even with the excessively long runtime cus the payoff is so great at the end. should do 600M+ WW ig

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I honestly loved this. This and its predecessor truly feel like one of the very few horror movies that can legitimately be called epic. For such a long movie, I thought it moved by quite fast but it could have been trimmed down a bit. The cast is perfect (with the MVP being Bill Hader) and the last act is just so goddamn satisfying. Catharsis is so rare in horror movies because they usually end on either such a depressing or stupid note and often they just discard the characters for the sake of cheap thrills.

It and It 2 are the gold standard for horror movies IMO...the characters and stories, not the scares, take center stage. Congratulations to everyone involved in the making of these films...they will undoubtedly become classics and essential viewing for anyone who likes horror. The friendships in these movies are honestly some of the most endearing in cinema (and they are easily the most thoughtful and engaging characters in horror). 

Great effort.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

this was awesome. starts off a little slow in the first act but once it takes off it goes crazy good. especially those last 40 minutes which were totally insane. the kids were in it in a bigger portion than I expected which was really nice. Bill Hader stole the show. 8/10

they really upped their budget with this one and it shows :rock:

I think it will connect well with the GA even with the excessively long runtime cus the payoff is so great at the end. should do 600M+ WW ig

28 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I honestly loved this. This and its predecessor truly feel like one of the very few horror movies that can legitimately be called epic. For such a long movie, I thought it moved by quite fast but it could have been trimmed down a bit. The cast is perfect (with the MVP being Bill Hader) and the last act is just so goddamn satisfying. Catharsis is so rare in horror movies because they usually end on either such a depressing or stupid note and often they just discard the characters for the sake of cheap thrills.

It and It 2 are the gold standard for horror movies IMO...the characters and stories, not the scares, take center stage. Congratulations to everyone involved in the making of these films...they will undoubtedly become classics and essential viewing for anyone who likes horror. The friendships in these movies are honestly some of the most endearing in cinema (and they are easily the most thoughtful and engaging characters in horror). 

Great effort.

In both your opinions, where the creepy/scare scenes better? Also was Pennywise in it less/same/or more than Part 1? This seems to be one of the areas where legit EVERY review keeps going back and forth. Half say it’s less scary, half say holy crapped they upped the scares! Half say Pennywise was in it less, half say he’s in it more. I’ve never seen reviews so conflicting as this.

Also visuals, a lot of people are also tossed on visuals. That was a huge gripe with me on Part 1. Are they better in this? (I heard the budget for this was waaaaay higher, so glad to hear WB upped it).

1 hour ago, K1stpierre said:

In both your opinions, where the creepy/scare scenes better? Also was Pennywise in it less/same/or more than Part 1? This seems to be one of the areas where legit EVERY review keeps going back and forth. Half say it’s less scary, half say holy crapped they upped the scares! Half say Pennywise was in it less, half say he’s in it more. I’ve never seen reviews so conflicting as this.

Also visuals, a lot of people are also tossed on visuals. That was a huge gripe with me on Part 1. Are they better in this? (I heard the budget for this was waaaaay higher, so glad to hear WB upped it).

I don't really remember too much from chapter 1 but I'd say the scares were stronger in chapter 1 (though there are 2 or 3 moments in chapter II that caught me off guard) BUT the imagery was WAY more disturbing and unsettling in chapter II which some people might just find gross so depends on who you ask (especially one involving a spider which is gonna give me nightmares). as for Pennywise I thought his presence was very significant in the 2nd half but I can't remember how much he was in chapter 1 sorry lol and this is a longer movie. 

the visuals were reeally a step up in all aspects especially the CGI imo, pennywise looked great! 

• Like 1

169 minutes?! I'm seeing it Saturday, so I went to check the runtime. With 17 minutes of trailers, that's 3-hours. Get there early 🙂.

It's either a very thrilling movie, in which it wont seem like almost 3 hours, or there's some slow spots...depending on what the director had in mind.

3 minutes ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

169 minutes?! I'm seeing it Saturday, so I went to check the runtime. With 17 minutes of trailers, that's 3-hours. Get there early 🙂.

It's either a very thrilling movie, in which it wont seem like almost 3 hours, or there's some slow spots...depending on what the director had in mind.

the first act drags down a bit in the first 40 minutes or so but once things get going with the kids the runtime flies by.

Saw it yesterday. Loved it. Yeah there were slow parts, especially at the beginning. But overall didn't feel like an almost-3-hours movie. Bill Hader was indeed a standout, but honestly all of them were great. And once again, Skarsgard was a perfect Pennywise. To me, it wasn't as scary as the first one, but it was more disturbing in a way that makes you uneasy and uncomfortable. Although, my friend who was with me thought some of the "forms" that Pennywise appeared in were ridiculous, so he found it laughable. He has a weird sense of humor so, I don't know.

Anyway, the story and characters definitely were the focus in the movie, and that's why I loved it. Good balance of horror, thriller, and drama with sprinkles of comedy.

• Like 3