CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

12 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The funny thing is TLJ fanboys get enraged if you say that the film drags because it's thin subplots don't work as well as they should. And no, the Canto Bight sequence doesn't work, deal with it. It doesn't matter that it's only 12 minutes, what matter is that it feels twice that long. 

I‘m enjoying it way more now, the new theme is my favorite from the soundtrack, all these costumes are awesome, the humor is growing on me, although I still don‘t like the Fathiers. I get it, the scene isn‘t perfect, the same with Bespin in ESB

ESB was criticized upon release because it was dark (it's a very dumb complain and many cult movies from 80s like The Thing and Blade Runner were criticized upon release for the same reason), TLJ was criticized upon release because of terrible script and tons of hilariously bad moments. Huge difference.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

So you just come up with arbitrary definitions of what constitutes "experience" and "success" and then make judgments about other people's decisions and motives based purely on them. Has it occurred to you that maybe Lucasfilm decided that the man who'd spent a decade writing and directing well-received film and TV was in fact experienced enough for them to trust with this job? And if they wanted a "front", again, why bother to hire Johnson and not some random anonymous guy who just made one Sundance movie that they could freely push around?

I'm just jumping to safe conclusions.

At least 2 directors have been removed from SW in the last year or so.

Kathleen pushes her agendas whenever and wherever possible.

TLJ is a mess, largely due to the executive meddling.

Rian's constant shitty excuses for this in another clue.

There's nothing more to say here, for me it's obvious that Rian accepted to do Lucasfilms' bidding for a price and a prize. 

7 hours ago, Eldenfirefly said:

And while the domestic box office is close, the overseas record is being utterly smashed and demolished. Its not even close. Infinity war is literally obliterating the overseas records. :D

Well, as some might have already pointed out, May 1st (Tuesday) being a holiday in most parts of the World will certainly help OS BO of first Monday and Tuesday.

2 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Hey remember that time, after Black Panther opened when a lot of people were like, "Uh-oh, the pressure is on Infinity War to perform well!"

:hahaha:

Time makes fools of us all. especially me if IW beats BP domestically

17 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Hey remember that time, after Black Panther opened when a lot of people were like, "Uh-oh, the pressure is on Infinity War to perform well!"

:hahaha:

I was one of those fools. I feel like a moron now :( 

(That being said, I still feel like BP will come out on top on a DOM total perspective; but yeah, I don't feel like IW is gonna have worse legs than Civil War, so 600M is basically a damn near done deal with a 260M OW. AND, in my defense, I was gun-shy and super pessimistic after CW and Ultron both let me down :ph34r:)

I have noticed that there are a few people in this thread that are still trying way too hard to stir the pot in order to amuse themselves. Guys, I get it, you didn't enjoy the movie, that's fine, regardless of whether or not did you walk in with an actually open mind or you came in with the mindset that you knew you were gonna hate it. Doesn't matter, your opinion is your opinion. But I don't know how much would bitterness about IW breaking records help either :lol:

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

The trolls are way too obvious. 

Also, since SW is back on topic, no idea what "fans" have convinced themselves of TLJ sucking, when TFA is such an utter insult of a film. 

This feels a lot like the prequel trilogy, but in reverse. 

The fans have decided to love it even though it is a crap film, and the next chapters have to suffer the ire for the entire set not living up to expectations or being any good. 

The rest of the summer is going to pale in comparison to IW but I think we'll still a good number of hits, the only one I'm a bit iffy about is Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom, I think that's going to have a similar drop to TLJ, still will be a hit but not capturing the zeitgest like JW did.

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

This reminds me: among the many, many records this movie broke, one of them was the April OW record by a difference of over 100M.

Guess who was one of the stars of that previous record holder :redcapes:

I honestly think Dwayne Johnson fits the MCU more than he fits whatever DC is calling themselves these days since it isn’t the DCEU

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The rest of the summer is going to pale in comparison to IW but I think we'll still a good number of hits, the only one I'm a bit iffy about is Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom, I think that's going to have a similar drop to TLJ, still will be a hit but not capturing the zeitgest like JW did.

Yeah, I think the domestic release date vs international might really hurt it if the movie is mediocre. 

I’ve already got my ticket to see it in the UK June 6th. Seems a world away from the US Thursday previews starting June 21st. 

A deep dive into the vault. 

Page 2

On 26/04/2018 at 9:54 AM, DeeCee said:

I'm still very doubtful about $300m but $250m+ now seems likely.

On 26/04/2018 at 9:55 AM, Telemachos said:

I.... will be your doubting Thomas here.

:P

• Like 3

Just now, wildphantom said:

Yeah, I think the domestic release date vs international might really hurt it if the movie is mediocre. 

I’ve already got my ticket to see it in the UK June 6th. Seems a world away from the US Thursday previews starting June 21st. 

The early OS release is because of the World Cup, they're getting in early as it's really a dead zone apart from Ocean's 8 and a couple of comedies until the final.