CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

11 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Spider-man 3 cost THAT MUCH? Where on earth did that money go?

It was a disaster production. Sony released an "official" final production cost of $258 million, even though reports of the film hitting $300 million had been popping up in the trades for weeks.

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Probably never, X-Men vs Avengers would be more likely. 

Yeah an MCU and Star Wars crossover seemed forced and tacky. I think we might get some FF/Avengers and X-Men/Avengers crossovers that ultimately builds to an all hands on deck, all-Marvel mega event featuring everyone. Onslaught maybe? Secret Wars? Something of that scope. 

The MCU is already a bigger franchise than SW. SW runs with nostalgia, and I think that absence will make the heart grow fonder of those films if Rian Johnson doesn't crack the code into making SW an actual cinematic universe. I think he could pull it off, I'm just not sure if following the MCU formula to SW would actually work. I'm actually excited for Solo, but I do think that some breathing room between SW films could help that franchise out. The MCU doesn't need to slow down because all the films are different from each other and it's simply a richer and more diverse universe than SW right now. Rian could change this game tho. 

Just now, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

It’ll happen.  That 500m OW will be to tempting

Yep. As soon as one of those franchises start to lose some ground. I guess the mutants will delay it for a decade and a half. But there's no stopping this.

• Like 1

Just now, Spike071 said:

Yeah an MCU and Star Wars crossover seemed forced and tacky. I think we might get some FF/Avengers and X-Men/Avengers crossovers that ultimately builds to an all hands on deck, all-Marvel mega event featuring everyone. Onslaught maybe? Secret Wars? Something of that scope. 

Onslaught is definitely coming. Maybe ten to twenty years from now. Which is absoutely nuts. I'm already salivating for the Phoenix Saga proper in the MCU. 

1 minute ago, PDC1987 said:

It was a disaster production. Sony released an "official" final production cost of $258 million, even though reports of the film hitting $300 million had been popping up in the trades for weeks.

I'm just trying to think what was in that movie that would cost that much... the sand guy?

2 minutes ago, Spike071 said:

Especially cause Star Wars the movies exists in the MCU and has been mentioned multiple times.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Yeah July by TLK (needs just:lol: $170M for that and B&tB opened with more)

October probably by Venom.

And November Wonder Woman part 2 (sorry can't see the Grinch or FB 2 breaking that)

IF only Frozen 2 opened on a true FSS we, those 160M could be a match for November. But since it opens in wednesday ... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spike071 said:

Onslaught makes sense but I think adapting Avengers vs X-Men could work as well. 

2 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Especially cause Star Wars the movies exists in the MCU and has been mentioned multiple times.

If Star Wars are real in the MCU universe,instead of just a movie culture, then what will be that like ?

Then the reference they been mentioning are actually from a documentary or News or even history class? 

23 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Their biggest asset is to get Brolin to talk about Thanos non-stop during the press tour.

And then have Reynolds say:"Already kissing the butt of Kevin Feige, our soon to be new boos?".

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

Of course the preview to o/w was the lowest - previews were $39m - $11.4m more than the nearest opener.

A 6.62 multi for a preview that size is impressive.   TLJ had a 4.88.    I knew the multi would go down, though not anywhere near SW numbers but thought 6 to 6.25 for AIW.   Tele argued it was going lower - that even with $40m in previews there was no chance in hell of it hitting $240m

Most interesting and impressive though is how it is back weekend loaded compared to other movies with huge previews.  It's FSS  is 3.27 for an o/w  off Friday.  That's a great number for a movie a fraction of the size let alone a $258m opener that already burned of $39m.  The Avengers was about 3.02 with 18.6m of previews.  

Right now I think 2.5 - 2.6 is on the lower end of the multi it can have

I think this weekend is going to drop in the 50-53% range and be around $460-470m after the 2nd weekend

The best way to look one cane say the FSS internal multplie is one of the best if not the best Marvel has ever had.

I agree, the preview percentage of the OD doesn't mean anything considering that it would be literally impossible to make much more OD than 2x previews. The true Friday is the largest ever, the only way the previews could represent a smaller percentage of the OD would be if it was lower itself. 

• Like 1

• Community Manager
8 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

You just need someone with the superpower to enter movies and TV shows and Disney can make the crossover happen. 

Imagine a superhero having to fight a villain as they go through multiple Disney properties. 

• Astonished 3