ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

I can’t get over how much of a fucking monstrosity Eternals was. It was so unbelievably dull and uninspired, with characters I didn’t give a sh*t about. Feige and Co need to put this complete misstep behind them. Incinerate this POS movie and piss on the ashes.

I’ll just chalk it up to being ‘an off day at the office.’

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1
  • Knock It Off 2

5 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

I can’t get over how much of a fucking monstrosity Eternals was. It was so unbelievably dull and uninspired, with characters I didn’t give a sh*t about. Feige and Co need to put this complete misstep behind them. Incinerate this POS movie and piss on the ashes.

Totally normal reaction to disliking a movie...

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

4 hours ago, KJsooner said:

Besides the incineration part at the end . This reaction seems ok to me. He clearly indicated his problems with the film.

Seems poeple here just overreacting tbh. 

And they ain't seen nasty reviews scroll down twitter that's when you can see some truly nasty reviews.

Personally I hate negative reviews like this movie was "trash" without even giving the problems you had with the movie.

Edited by Liiviig 1998

4 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

Is it just me or is the dialogue, for all the Marvel products this year, been laughably bad?  

Need to bring back RDJ to rectify this. 

It's more of an issue i have with the TV Shows than movies. I don't see much difference in the writing for the Phase 4 Films so far compared to previous MCU Films.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Remove me. I don't care what critics says &all those IMDb 1 stars bombing.

This is a question for everyone that I've pondered for some while when people talk about review bombing on IMDB and giving those 1 stars.

Before Eternals was out there was some 1100+ 10s and 700+ 1s so about 60% of that was opposite of review bombing (does this have a term?) and 40% review bombing. The same seems to continue that based on the bell curve distribution there are still almost double amount those opposite of review bombing 10s than the review bombing 1s. Both are skewing the results but is it fair to say that review bombing is the only problem or even the biggest problem here when there's much more of those extra 10s there?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9032400/ratings/?ref_=tt_ov_rt

It's actually interesting when you start to look these distributions with MCU films starting from IM https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371746/ratings/?ref_=tt_ov_rt where there wasn't really any of this but in the later MCU films these changes started to appear at the both ends.

Dune as a relatively new IP doesn't have those much either: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1160419/ratings/?ref_=tt_ov_rt . There are some of that fandom 10s there when you look the distribution but not really any review bombing. Let's see what happens with Part 2.

Just now, Hatebox said:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Wright's agent's office. "Get the shots, you absolute weirdo," they scream on the phone, "you're ruining everything!!"

Thought this was about Edgar Wright at first. Was pretty confused. Like, shots for directors cut of Soho, or... :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

Out of interest, since I'm getting notifications for this thread already, do you think that people who post trolly 1-star review of things before they've seen something get a dopamine hit from it?

Like, is it satisfying? Do they cathartically slam their laptop's shut with a "Well, THAT'll show them!!!!"

That is probably given for all these behaviours and even to normal reviewing. The question would be more of how big of an effect it is. Something like pressing thumbs down (or up) on a Youtube video, or something like what you described, and for some it is just a means to make their point of view heard while overreacting to emphasize it.

Instead of giving reviews/ratings that feel true to us and what we really think, we tend to go to the extremes to avoid our points of views being diluted. Part of it can be that pre-emptive thinking "I'll give 10 because there's those haters that are going to review bomb this" or "I'll give 1 to combat those fandom 10s". This is all related to the same dynamics that work for clickbait ending us to be more divisive and polarized.

Personally, what gives faith for the future is that the majority is still in the middle, even if it's just silent and the noise is born from the extremes.

• Like 1