CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

12 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Wow, that IW number is brutal. Not even 100% over the terrible Thursday number. Well 700 million is definately dead and so is 2 billion WW, I think. Not even an enormous Saturday bump can save it from a very bad drop and an under 30 million weekend.

The dp2 number isn’t too hot either, but I don’t care about it so I will let others comment on it.

Everything is crumbling. :whosad:

To Marvel credit, they smartly moved AIW up a week cause DP2 is a massive hit to its boxoffice. 

4 hours ago, baumer said:

As much I love talking numbers, I'm with @Porthos

It seems that the numbers take precedent at times over our enjoyment of a film.  When I was really young, I didn't really care if ET made 400 million, or if Last Crusade lost out the summer crown to Batman.  I just wanted to see the films I loved and enjoy them for the entertainment.  Now, too man people spoil things with negativity over such mundane things....."Oh my GOD!!! X- movie fell 77.5% on Monday instead of 76.5%.....it's crumbling...wom is horrible...China hates it....fox will lose money....and so on.  It just gets annoying at times.  I also know it's one of the reasons Tele left here as well.

Completely agree.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I do miss box office records being a big deal. They're broken so goddamn frequently now I don't really see how anyone can get excited beyond it being a 'win' for your team.

But why do ppl need a broken recorfd for feeling excited about a solid financial succes of a movie?

I'd really like to see what kind of crossover audience there is between the Deadpool crowd and the Royal Wedding peeps. I can't see it having too much of an impact in the states cause they're all asleep right now, but the UK numbers are probably gonna be a tad deflated.

Just now, Brainbug said:

Will the wedding depress the Sat numbers? I mean, ive seen articles stating that 3 Billion people will watch it.

Starting to think about that too...  Really curious about the Sat #

Just now, aabattery said:

I'd really like to see what kind of crossover audience there is between the Deadpool crowd and the Royal Wedding peeps.

The girl-friends? Who might say, let's go at Sunday?

Not all of the audience will be solo male teens, or?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I do miss box office records being a big deal. They're broken so goddamn frequently now I don't really see how anyone can get excited beyond it being a 'win' for your team.

Perhaps put less weighting on lesser records? WW has been Titanic/Avatar for the last 20 years and DOM has been Titanic/Avatar/TFA for the last 20.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I can't see it having too much of an impact in the states cause they're all asleep right now...

I took a look at the viewing numbers at YT, there are quite some numbers from US-media channels (Washington Post and so on).

Some might watch later on the ... whatever the word for that is, the special reports (?) on TV?

Not saying it has to have an impact, more there is a possibility. But if there is an impact, I think there will be an impact for all movies typically visited during day-time, can't imagine any impact during the evening still

Maybe especially more POC than usually might also watch it?

I didn't follow the US news for that, but you and the mod from AUS (I am sooo bad with names, DeeCee????) got me to look out for that (it adds nicely to what I am looking out for, but I'll look later on into the possible ww impact - in which country how much if at all)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Will the wedding depress the Sat numbers? I mean, ive seen articles stating that 3 Billion people will watch it.

i think so. last dp had vd sunday while this not only has no boyfriends-dragging-girlfriends-to-theater bump, but on top of that has girlfriends-holding-boyfriends-at-home decline incoming. if it does 120s ow i think next weekend, especially due to a strong mem day sunday, will show an uncommon 50% hold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

In the U.K. maybe. In the US it’s like 7 in the morning.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

HAHA thats an overestimate. Maybe a billion if they are lucky.