Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

That's not horror.  It's fantasy.

If Adam Driver’s body is what you fantasize about, then I can’t help you. 

• Haha 1

Well this puts the debate to rest. Marvel is hands down the king of box office. Releasing a Star Wars film just 5 months after a previous one was too much (among other reasons).

I did just get back from seeing it and there was only 7 people in the theatre. I enjoyed it though!

• Thanks 1

Excluding that tiny drop for RBG which expanded and is still in limited release, that 30% drop for Book Club is the best three day Memorial Weekend hold since Mud dropped 13% back in 2013. Memorial Weekend is simply not kind to movies.

Edited by LonePirate

33 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

This probably isn't good for Ron Howard's career, I'll say. His last few movies have all been box office flops, and if he can't even get a Star Wars movie into the black, hard to imagine anyone else trusting him. I sure wouldn't.

Howard came into a bad situation and made the best of it. Not unlike Joe Johnston on The Wolf Man. He won't get blamed for this nor should he.

• Like 3

Just now, filmnerdjamie said:

Howard came into a bad situation and made the best of it. Not unlike Joe Johnston on The Wolf Man. He won't get blamed for this nor should he.

Howard will come out unscathed not to mentioned he has had a long career so it's not like he'll be blacklisted. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Solo is flopping so hard that it can't just be the fault of TLJ.

I think it's also because a lot of people are not interested in that type of movie. It's devoid of any stakes or tension. Plus you already know Han does the Kessel run, meets Chewie etc. You don't really need to see it, let a lone have a whole movie about it.

• Like 4

I have no idea how they managed to mess up this bad. Nothing in the universe makes sense anymore, the world-building is completely nonsensical and the galaxy feels so tiny,  all the old characters are desecrated and "deconstructed' except Leia, but Carrie Fisher is dead and they can't even give her a proper ending, " remake a new hope then let go of the past but watch our nostalgia bait movie 5 months later", the toys aren't selling and the movies are already losing hundreds of millions of dollars. And they have no ending for the trilogy,their plans rested on Carrie fisher having a huge role.

Handling of Star Wars is the biggest **** up in entertainment history, they killed it and it can't be fixed  because the actors and characters are dead

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

These Deadpool 2 drops make me wonder about Wonder Woman 2.

Not the same situation. They have room to grow with Wonder Woman. Whereas the humor in Deadpool limits its potential. You either love it or hate it. 

• Like 1