Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

18 minutes ago, Istealnames said:

Did deadline just compare a HAN SOLO movie with Thor 1, Cap 1 and Ant Man Opening Weekends to put a positive spin on this BO output of Solo? Sometimes I just wonder why I take the trades seriously.

Even more hilarious since this is making less WW than Antman most likely 

• Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

65m OW from the entire OS landscape is just something else. With an opening that low and FK hitting OS next week, this thing could go significantly lower than even 200. Disney is having two of the biggest OS big budget failures I've ever seen this year with WiT and now Solo. 

WIT was totally made for US market. Nothing spells pandering to dom market like Oprah. So why are they surprised that the movie tanked OS? The book wasn't exactly worldwide phenomenon unlike HP/Twilight/50 Shades. It was bound to happen. 

SW dropping OS like a rock (TLJ losing 400M on TFA is huge) is likely because SW movies are made for American audience and OS markets pick up on that and don't relate. Unlike MCU that makes movies that everyone finds relatable (and often do better OS - look at Ant Man, Doctor Strange, CW, AIW dom to OS ratio). 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Wow, just wow Mr Scott Mendelson. Do you really believe Solo is making 543 million worldwide with that overseas performance?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/05/27/box-office-solo-a-star-wars-story-bombs-with-148m-global-weekend/#ed023f2221f0

Brad from BOM gave a 525-575m range, despite even admitting that the likely DOM range was 200-230. Bring on that 6x OS multi! Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Avengers IW will lack fuel to go 2B WW.

Oh well, the movie did ok overall I guess.

I won't comment on Solo, It s kinda tragic.

Deadpool 2 whatever.

Be a bit more optimistic. It will need another 90 million after this weekend’s actuals  and there’s 15-25 (if it gets an expansion) more coming from China. That leaves 55-65 million from u.s+os , it can be done  :ohmygod::ohmygod:

1 hour ago, sfran43 said:

There were still people on other sites last week saying this won't reach 2 billion lol. The underperformances of Deadpool2 and Solo are just going to help IW.

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

That was the dumbest consensus wver

Check our expectations at the door? This is fuckkng Star Wars, not Transformers 6

Can’t check your expectations at the door if you don’t bother to pay to go through it.

• Haha 2

I don't think a mega franchise has ever imploded this badly.

Disney has run Star Wars into the ground just after 4 movies and 1 Rian Johnson.

IO1QU8E.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

DP2 dropped quite harshly, Solo disappointed. ...what's next? Jurassic 2 will drop for sure. I guess Incredibles 2 will do good business and  win summer. But i see most disappointing.