7. Rogue One

POWER GAP

8. Solo

9. The Force Awakens

POWER GAP

50. Star Wars Holiday Special

POWER GAP

99. The Last Rian Johnson Movie

I really, really liked it. Obviously it's not perfect, but it was a fun and smaller scale story, which I think the universe really needed. Alden did a great job too; granted, his performance feels like a different character than Ford's Solo, but he's likeable and charismatic in his own way.

I've noticed that a lot of people seem to be ragging on the first act, but I enjoyed it. I liked seeing a glimpse of the inner workings of the Empire. There's a fun Starship Troopers-esque movie in there somewhere. If anything, the second act was a little bit of a letdown, as I felt that the heist could have had a lot more tension, and the actual Kessel run seemed... too short, I guess?

Honestly, this is probably my favorite Disney Star Wars movie so far.   

• Like 3

i have not read any of the previous 15 pages so I do not know if it has been brought up yet.

has there been any negative feedback from the way Han kisses her?  it seems he going in and stealing or planting a kiss.  I was wondering if society thinks this is romantic, unnecessary, or should the character have been formal with his approach?

7 hours ago, Wrath said:

Agreed. Rogue One was arguably a better movie overall (though its arguable), but Solo did a *much* better job of bringing the characters to life. The leader of the Marauders, whatever her name was, felt more fleshed out than anyone in Rogue One except Krennic or maybe K-2SO, and that includes Jyn and Cassian.

I would say Rogue One had a better plot maybe, but Kaytoo and Jyn are the only characters in that movie I could actually name without looking it up. Rogue One has a great ending but it sorta falls flat when everyone dying is met with a shrug. 

The Chewbacca translation gag never gets old 🤣. Solo can translate an entire sentence out of a growl 🤣. Marvel loved it so much, they stole it for Rocket and Groot.

I liked the huge tentacled space monster fight. Donald Glover's card cheat was a highlight. I'm gonna see it again this weekend before I give it a grade. Nothing else going on. I may be interested in "Adrift", if theres some wild animal predator action 🤣? But I'll at least see this again.

Edited by OdinSon2k14
  • Like 1

I enjoyed it well enough.  Felt a bit uninspired.  Someone said to me, they would’ve called this movie good if it wasn’t Solo.  But it is, and they didn’t like it.

I thought that a bit extreme.  It’s not great.  But, I won’t lie, I did think...I would’ve liked it more if it wasn’t Solo.  This wasn’t a premise I was ever sold on beyond, hey, Lord and Miller.  

But its a solid matinee.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Liked it more round 2, same issues, but its fun, Alden is really really really good. 

He did good.  He had the impossible task of playing a god damn icon though and, it’s unfortunate...as nonsense and absurd as that opinion is...this movie is better if it’s not Solo.

Tell me that’s a dumb opinion and silly.  I agree.  It’s nonsense.  But man, I feel it.  And I think Alden did very good.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, kowhite said:

He did good.  He had the impossible task of playing a god damn icon though and, it’s unfortunate...as nonsense and absurd as that opinion is...this movie is better if it’s not Solo.

Tell me that’s a dumb opinion and silly.  I agree.  It’s nonsense.  But man, I feel it.  And I think Alden did very good.

Nah you're on the money. The baggage of being a Han Solo prequel is a little much at times. All the fun adventure stuff is where the movie is at its best while the bits that hammer home THIS IS HAN SOLO!! fall kinda flat.

Still, dude's real good. Strong performance.

• Like 2