Jayhawk the Hutt

Knives Out | Nov 27 2019 | 18th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Amazon Prime June 12

It looks like everyone in the cast is trying really hard to overact as much as they can to win Golden Razzies, especially Evans. Pure cringe. 

I thought it was supposed to be detective?

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

There's something lacking in the trailer. I think it's just poorly edited. It throws all of these characters at you without any clear indication of what type of genre it is. If "whodunnit" wasn't included as a title card, I'd be a bit aloof as to what to think about this. Performances and visuals look good. This is more than likely a case of a good film getting a relatively weak trailer.

Really? So the detectives questioning a mansion full of suspicious individuals and saying things like "There was a murder" and "Everybody's a suspect" wouldn't have clued you into what kind of movie this is?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Pretty sure there's much more to the movie than the trailer is letting on. Being a mystery they're gonna be keeping it under wraps as much as they can.

So nothing major given away in the trailer per RJ himself. 

Looks good. Like a nice mix of an Agatha Christie movie and Clue. 

I think we all know the proper response to those people.

tumblr_pu0x19bxqt1ql19dso4_540.gif

tumblr_pu0x19bxqt1ql19dso5_540.gif

Spoiler

Kidding. The proper response is NIRD

And, I ghost wrote that tweet. Can 1000% confirm it is gospel. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, DAR said:

Has Rian Johnson ruined the Knives Out universe?

I'm being facetious.   Please don't answer that.   You know who you are.  Please don't answer

He’ll win the fanboys back when he adds The Snowman in the sequel.

1 hour ago, MrGamer said:

He’ll win the fanboys back when he adds The Snowman in the sequel.

Johnson ought to remake The Snowman outright. Even if people don't like him, he's bound to do a better job than the Fassbender one.

this movie and the title sound as dumb as shit!

one time i went with an ex girlfriend to Long Beach on a boat for a dinner, and it was a murder mystery thing.  it was just like shoot me in the head, how is that formal entertainment?  why has formal entertainment found itself at its height with operas and shakespearean acted murder mysteries?  its art too, right?

like beauty products in movies, plays are another one that is good for the economy

Edited by Stop and Run the Internet

Rian Johnson really is directing?  I still haven't seen Looper...  I feel like i'd have to put on alot of weight to get through those movies.  Time travel can be told any way, and these mystery movies are depressing.  If it isn't Scream then go home.  Minority Report has already been done.