MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

WOW WOW WOW WOW!!

I loved it. It was amazing. Funny, amazing cgi and over the top Kung Fu action.

I have to go see it again

2 minor issues

Spoiler

Pacing and the monster at the end. And not enough Abomination

• Like 3

My first movie in a post-covid world, and man, I LOVED it so so much! This is now my favourite solo marvel movie. I'm probably biased because of my eternal Tony Leung crush ...but he was just on another level ...and he's still so absurdly hot ...lord have mercy 🥵 Can't wait to see this again! 

• Like 6
  • Astonished 3

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

yes, more like a speculation. The controversy did affect the processes of import and censorship. Even if Shang-Chi finally get a date here, it probably will have the worst circumstances.

• Like 2

Just now, Gavin Feng said:

yes, more like a speculation. The controversy did affect the processes of import and censorship. Even if Shang-Chi finally get a date here, it probably will have the worst circumstances.

any chance it releases there by end of sept ?

26 minutes ago, john2000 said:

any chance it releases there by end of sept ?

many local blockbusters are set to open on Sep.30 for National Day holidays. If local bureau want to import Shang-Chi and reduce those controversies, put it on the previous weekend would be the most safety approach.

3 hours ago, john2000 said:

I’ll tell you what this is….

it’s a hit piece on movie theaters due to the ‘situation’ with AMC stock and the big money completely screwed with their short positions. This is standard stuff from CNBC Business, who are all tied in with those on Wall Street that are up against a wall. It’s desperate stuff. I laughed out loud when I followed the link. 

if you needed any more confirmation the movie is going to open big in the US this weekend, then this piece is it as it’s already trying to downplay any success. It’s all about $AMC. Nothing more. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Idk if the weather is significant enough to make that big a dent.

Problem is the area that IDa has hit, the Northeast, is the most lucrative box office area in the US. We are talking New York, Philly, etc. It is going to have an impact. How big who knows.

1 minute ago, tonytr87 said:

It's hysterical that China rejects any movie explicitly made FOR them. Mulan, Raya, now this. 

China has its own industry and doesn't really need American movies like they used to. If they want to watch $200m fighting movie they can do that. 

And whilst Mulan was an attempt to exploit that market, Raya and Shang-Chi are both American. They both have stuff that's inviting to Chinese audiences but they're so far removed. It's like saying Coming 2 America is made for Nigeria, or In The Heights was made for The Dominican Republic.

• Like 2