Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Nothing will beat this week end in the 2020's.

There.

I said it.

Only 10 years plus of inflation will do the work.

Well MCU phase 1-2-3 took 11 years. So if 4-5-6 takes the same it will happen in 11/12 years.

• Like 1

Yesterday I was speculating by myself about $350m weekend but didn't dare to say anything because I thought that all the more experienced people here would just drag me.:sparta:

Obviously I need to start to trust myself more, I called Solo and JL flopping and BP getting $200m ow too before almost everyone.. I have obviously been blessed with extremely narrow and impractical prophetic gift. Let's go, $140m saturday, $100m+ sunday, $400m ow! I will speak it into existence :stirthepot:(I'm joking!(mostly...))

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, mattie08 said:

See, I want to give a laughing reaction but I can’t! When I was able to do a shocked one to the Kevin Garnett gif above, lolololol. Me giving out 500 likes by noon EST is Endgame-levels of impossible numbers.

Very odd.

Even more annoying that Gold is the max! So you can't even get more likes 😮 

2 minutes ago, Avatree said:

no really disliked it and I think most of the marvel films are boring / crap.

I've realised i must have a much stronger connection to these characters than i previously thought.

Interesting. Seems to be a split amongst fans on which they prefer with more liking Infinity War. Less hardcore or nonfans in general I think will like End Game more. It feels more incomplete. Still seems like it finished well enough to satisfy the hardcore fans as well. 

want to travel back in time to Infinity War weekend thread just when that Saturday number was announced and people were talking about how AIW smashed the "single day capacity of around 70m" conversations, to say that I'm from the future and Avengers 4 will make 96,7m on its true Friday with likely to go up a bit from that estimated number after doing 60m from previews and is locked to smash the 100m barrier on Saturday. Can I do that? 

Also most of you underestimate Thrones popularity, I think. Except that 1 billion number, that sounds unbelievable. I can't believe that number unless I see some info on SE Asia. But it's a lot more pirated than it's legally watched in a lot of countries and it's pirated in other ways that cannot be tracked unlike torrent or whatever. Also those World Cup numbers that were shared by @cdsacken were undershooting it by hundreds of millions of people. But anyway, I expect very, very minimal impact of Thrones on Endgame due to many reasons people already laid out. Thrones' level of popularity is not that relevant to its impact on Endgame's Sunday.

Just to give an idea of what Sat is, a certain number was 18.5k yesterday, its 21.5k today. Its crazy. For IW that was 11k and 12.5k respectively.

Obviously don't know what these numbers provided by Charlie even are. But whatever they are, Friday Endgame increase over Friday AIW was %68. Real Friday increase was %42. That's 1.62 ratio. Sat Endgame increase over Friday AIW is %72. Applying same ratio, Saturday increase would be little over %44. That equals 118m Saturday for Endgame. 

I know this was useless because it's from some partial data of the day while not knowing what that data even is. But just juggling some numbers for fun. I still just expect 110m Sat after last Charlie update.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

Interesting. Seems to be a split amongst fans on which they prefer with more liking Infinity War. Less hardcore or nonfans in general I think will like End Game more. It feels more incomplete. Still seems like it finished well enough to satisfy the hardcore fans as well. 

The thing is Infinity War already had near-maximum reception from hardcore fans, so there wasn't much room for Endgame to increase, but while it was really well-liked by GA there was definitely a decent group of people that could be won over.