sfran43

Flop Weekend Thread: Top 5 Weekend Actuals - TSLOP2 $46.65M | Dark Phoenix $32.83M | Aladdin $24.68M | Godzilla KOTM $15.45M | Rocketman $13.82M

Endgame is basically a higher level Deathly Hallows Part 2 where it burned through the audience so fast because the demand to see it ASAP was so intense that it was never gonna have much room for staying power. That's not at all to take away from its run overall, which of course has been astoundingly massive.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

IW had more memorable action scenes and showcased the heroes powers more than Endgame did. 

Also had better pace and shorter run-time which affects re-watches.

EG third act battle beats any action scene in IW for me though and I don't think I'm alone on that

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sunny Max said:

Nice theatrical return of Shazam .. movie was clean success at the BO .. as well as for the producers ..

so KOTM will be loss ...??

Don't know if KOTM will break even.

Looking like 105 dom + 145 Ch + 130 OS-Ch = 380 WW

105*0.55 + 145*0.25 + 130*0.40 = 146 theatrical returns, 170-185 prod budget

Will need killer home media revenue.

@Barnack can give a much better answer.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

IW had more memorable action scenes and showcased the heroes powers more than Endgame did. 

IW's third act settings of Titan and Wakanda were also much more visually interesting (colorful) than the gray battlefield remains of the Avengers compound.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TMP said:

Why would they not move forward with a follow-up to a critically acclaimed superhero film that made them profit? Especially since it's likely to co-star one of the biggest (literally) movie stars in the world?

Dceu is too toxic at this point. Yet they still add stuff to it. It'll end up like fox xmen 

• ...wtf 2
  • Knock It Off 1

7 minutes ago, xiazhi said:

Dceu is too toxic at this point. Yet they still add stuff to it. It'll end up like fox xmen 

Aquaman just made $1.15 billion. Quit trolling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Menor said:

EG third act battle beats any action scene in IW for me though and I don't think I'm alone on that

See this is what is so fun - legitimate differences in opinion.

for me the third act battle scene was one of my least fav parts of EG. I didn't think it was nearly as well shot as the climatic battle scene in IW and was  derivative of it.

OS93's who mentioned the lighting actually made a great point. I found the scene to look overly dark.

To me it just felt like something they had already done in IW and didn't need to repeat in EG. 

I'm actually starting to tire of the battling the hordes scenes. I find it alot more engaging if you have 1 really strong villain to try to defeat than millions of disposables - that just feels like a video game to me.

I definitely liked IW better than EG - but there will be plenty who felt the other way. For me IW felt more cohesive as a movie. EG at times felt like more than 1 movie, but I think the Russo brothers made the best movie they possibly could have given everything they were trying to accomplish in it.

41 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Indifferent. Lost interest in cricket in 2015, the day I joined college. 

50 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Hey welcome back! Must be happy with India's win yesterday.

was easy victory for india ... 

13 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

See this is what is so fun - legitimate differences in opinion.

for me the third act battle scene was one of my least fav parts of EG. I didn't think it was nearly as well shot as the climatic battle scene in IW and was  derivative of it.

OS93's who mentioned the lighting actually made a great point. I found the scene to look overly dark.

To me it just felt like something they had already done in IW and didn't need to repeat in EG. 

I'm actually starting to tire of the battling the hordes scenes. I find it alot more engaging if you have 1 really strong villain to try to defeat than millions of disposables - that just feels like a video game to me.

I definitely liked IW better than EG - but there will be plenty who felt the other way. For me IW felt more cohesive as a movie. EG at times felt like more than 1 movie, but I think the Russo brothers made the best movie they possibly could have given everything they were trying to accomplish in it.

I agree the lighting/colors were better in IW. But I still found the battle in EG to be extremely well shot. Like the shot of Cap standing alone is one of the best in the MCU, and the whole scene did an amazing job of capturing the feel of a comic book. The sheer scale of the scene and the amount of wow moments really was what made it trump IW for me. Though I loved the action in IW, other than Thor's entrance it wasn't quite as fulfilling as that in EG. 

And to your other point, that "messiness", I guess of EG is part of what I love about it. I really liked the slower-paced, more emotional first and second acts and then the lightning-fast ramp up in the third. It was a very enjoyable contrast.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, xiazhi said:

WW 84 Under Xmen DP confirmed boys....:Gaga:Every Marvel shill's dream

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

It also had an ending that was meaningless and everyone knew it was going to be reversed. Deaths didn't matter and everyone could say it's ok they will fix it in the next one. No such luck now.

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Two takes:

1. They moved Phoenix to June to placate James Cameron, who did not want Alita to open in December because of too much competition.

Meanwhile, one former Fox executive notes, “If the merger didn’t happen, some of these people would be worried about their jobs. If the merger didn’t happen, people would be clamoring for Fox to do what Sony did with Spider-Man and ask for Marvel’s help.”

• Like 1