Eric the Minion

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

2 hours ago, Chaz said:

One poster in particular made [the Age of Ultron] weekend thread a nightmare. Plus, every thread after it. 

Can you remind me who? I remember being there but I can’t remember who it was. (Was it BKB, like with Jurassic World later that summer? Or was it the GiantCalBears person @Walt Disney referred to?)

Edited by TServo2049

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

They didn't even do that correctly. Making Lion King a drama like film felt weird. Again I liked it but the concern versus the original and it not living up to the high standard of Aladdin is completely warranted.

Make this film fluffy and more whimsical it probably does 750 domestically. 

OK, confession. I snuck into the back of Aladdin as it started when I had 30 minutes to kill before Endgame started.  I lasted through 2 songs - about 10 minutes and I was out of there.  I love the animated film Aladdin and I LOVE musicals.  But just no.  I'll try it again when it's on Disney + but those 10 minutes killed any desire I had to see it the theaters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Harris said:

Was really hoping Marvel would announce some sort of team-up movie for the end of Phase Four.  But Blade was a cool surprise!

I think they only go to the middle of Phase 4.  Though didn't they say earlier they weren't doing Phases any more or doing them differently?

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

OK, confession. I snuck into the back of Aladdin as it started when I had 30 minutes to kill before Endgame started.  I lasted through 2 songs - about 10 minutes and I was out of there.  I love the animated film Aladdin and I LOVE musicals.  But just no.  I'll try it again when it's on Disney + but those 10 minutes killed any desire I had to see it the theaters.

Weird. I absolutely loved it. Saw in Dolby in Seattle.

To each their own. My daughter's reaction was a big part of it. Seeing her engagement and enthusiasm helped plus I felt like Smith did a wonderful job of recreating the Genie character while not trying to copy the magnificent job that Robin Williams did. Naomi Scott was straight up better as Jasmine imo. Almost every was better for me than the original. Did start a bit slow but many great films dp.

In the lion king 90% was better in the original. 

Edited by cdsacken

26 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Weird. I absolutely loved it. Saw in Dolby in Seattle.

To each their own. My daughter's reaction was a big part of it. Seeing her engagement and enthusiasm helped plus I felt like Smith did a wonderful job of recreating the Genie character while not trying to copy the magnificent job that Robin Williams did. Naomi Scott was straight up better as Jasmine imo. Almost every was better for me than the original. Did start a bit slow but many great films dp.

In the lion king 90% was better in the original. 

I've also seen it on Broadway where I was already accepting of a different approach to Genie (and to the story in general).  But the best thing about that approach is that he could SING.   Will Smith scratching along did nothing for me and Ritchie's lethargic pacing for the two songs was terrible.  (and seeing Prince Ali in the clips - it didn't get better)

Edited by TalismanRing

1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

Wait. Did Avengers actually pass Avatar. I totally thought Kevin was just puffing that for the room. 😂😂😂

Now now, you know Kevin doesn't lie even when he's puffing.  Yes it passed it (today) - not only that it passed a Disney revised upward Avatar gross. :rock:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kevin Feige in 2008, watching the Iron Man opening weekend: "Wow, audiences really love this movie! Phew. Haha, imagine if in ten years I'm announcing we have the highest grossing movie ever... ah... haha... anyway, I'm sure Incredible Hulk will be a hit too."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Watch it from the beginning. Have seen both and without question I can say that Aladdin is the superior movie despite me liking the animated TLK more than the animated Aladdin. And audiences seem to agree.

25 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Now now, you know Kevin doesn't lie even when he's puffing.  Yes it passed it (today) - not only that it passed a Disney revised upward Avatar gross. :rock:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1