Eric Duncan

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Zero spoiler rush, summer, and competition. Gonna have a fantastic rest of July along with a great August.

if there's no rush factor why was Thursday previews/internal multi front-loaded relative to the weekend:thinking: 

• Like 2

The lions in the Lion King (2019) are not real by the way.

In the first Lion King (1994), they weren't either and they were drawn.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Great saturday, especially if hit the high end like yesterday

$ 195M is doable which a standard sunday drop, $ 200M can happen if sat go up a bit and sun have a little tiny drop, but i won't count on that.

Good to see FFH and TS4 holding well against such a big opener

3 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

Can we really spoil Hamlet though?

On that note. Schools go and make us read Hamlet instead of showing the play being played and then they wonder why half the class dislikes it.

That applies to all of Shakespeare really. I read Shakespeare during middle school, high school, and college, and never once did we see it performed.

20 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

not sure which expectations you're referring to but industry tracking had TLK opening at 150M-180M a couple of days ago. so 193.5M is well above that range. 

"tracking" :ph34r:

edit:  I'll buy the tracking that had 175m+. 

But that 150m stuff was pure reactionary bullshit garbage and was being rightly mocked by most people who saw it, from what I can see.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3

TLK was awesome. So happy to be able to share a bit of my youth with my son. I honestly don’t know why it was so harshly reviewed. Was it perfect? No. But it was a heck of a good time for families at the movies. People clapped at the end of my show, which was 90% capacity in a theater that holds more than 400.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

That applies to all of Shakespeare really. I read Shakespeare during middle school, high school, and college, and never once did we see it performed.

Yeah and they ask us the meaning of whatever random philosophy Ye olde English gibberish that comes out of hamlet's mouth.

All and all, these classes do their best to make Shakespeare seem completely boring as shit.

At least i remember seeing that weird Leo Dicaprio Romeo and Juliet movie so that was kind of cool i guess.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

34 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

not sure which expectations you're referring to but industry tracking had TLK opening at 150M-180M a couple of days ago. so 193.5M is well above that range. 

Some predictions in the tracking thread pointed to a $200m+ opening.

20 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

if there's no rush factor why was Thursday previews/internal multi front-loaded relative to the weekend:thinking: 

Same reason previews have been steadily increasing. Sucky movies that leg out ok grossers often have decent to great multipliers.

DH2 had a weak multiplier yet was awesome. I meant zero rush due to spoilers or anything else. It will do good but not legendary which is consistent with the quality of the film.